Reaction score
BULLSHIT. Ms. Sulu came in here with a posting by some obscure poster about how good and dominant Floyd was being, in an effort to bitch about how we shouldn't have passed up on Floyd. And I simply pointed out that from my observation of Floyd didn't support that claim, and challenged him to watch the preseason games himself.
And I don't know whether either of you watched Floyd play. It really doesn't even matter.... cause it's PRESEASON!!!

And maybe you missed it when I said RIGHT NOW, that Fredericks is having more an impact for the Cowboys than what Floyd is having with the Vikings, and I stand by that. Yes, I know neither has played a single regular NFL game as of yet, anjd I thought I made that point clear when I stated RIGHT NOW.
No, I didn't miss it. I think it's fucking stupid to claim that anyone has or hasn't made any kind of impact, or to try to compare the relative impact of two players to their teams, in PRESEASON.

There were also viable candidates for the DL in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round. His example for Floyd is a weak one. I don't regret passing up on Floyd for Fredericks. Now if he wants to make the argument against drafting Escobar, and not DL, that's different.
How is it weak to regret passing up on a guy at 18 that our front office had ranked as the 5th highest player?

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How is it weak to regret passing up on a guy at 18 that our front office had ranked as the 5th highest player?
It shows our FO is a bunch of morons for :
a) Passing up their 5th ranked player at 18
b) Ranking that colossal bust Floyd 5th

So I guess this time two wrongs did make a right.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And I don't know whether either of you watched Floyd play. It really doesn't even matter.... cause it's PRESEASON!!!

Well I have watched Floyd play. I live up here in Minnesota.

No, I didn't miss it. I think it's fucking stupid to claim that anyone has or hasn't made any kind of impact, or to try to compare the relative impact of two players to their teams, in PRESEASON.

Because I can and I did, like many others. It's weak for the very reason you claim that neither one of knows how either player will pan out because it's PRESEASON.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Well I have watched Floyd play. I live up here in Minnesota.
Like I said, it doesn't matter. It's preseason. And I'm not going to base my opinion on Floyd vs. Frederick based upon your "scouting" of his handful of plays in preseason, and what you've seen from Frederick to this point.

Because I can and I did, like many others. It's weak for the very reason you claim that neither one of knows how either player will pan out because it's PRESEASON.
It's not weak to wish we had gotten a player who was consistently rated higher than another, and rated higher by our own front office.

Reaction score
It shows our FO is a bunch of morons for :
a) Passing up their 5th ranked player at 18
b) Ranking that colossal bust Floyd 5th

So I guess this time two wrongs did make a right.
Agreed on a. Will reserve judgment on b, cause I'm not ready to call him a bust after 15 plays and a knee injury. Guess that's strange around here.

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Agreed on a. Will reserve judgment on b, cause I'm not ready to call him a bust after 15 plays and a knee injury. Guess that's strange around here.

I'm not calling him a bust based on his pro carrer so far, I'm taking into consideration that he didn't do shit in his college carrer and seems to be very consistent in that regard.
Of all the "highly" rated prospects at DL he's the one I didn't care for at all, I was scared they would draft him at 18.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm glad we have Frederick. He's gonna be a great center for us.

Didn't Floyd have character issues? Yeah, we've seen enough of that. Those guys are rarely worth the headache.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Didn't Floyd get hurt like halfway into the second quarter of the first preseason game of the year?

So we're judging how good he looks based on less than one half in the first NFL (fake) game action of his life?

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Didn't Floyd get hurt like halfway into the second quarter of the first preseason game of the year?

So we're judging how good he looks based on less than one half in the first NFL (fake) game action of his life?

No one is judging how good or bad the player may be. I just think its odd that a team that has both Oline and Dline issues passed on a guy that THEY THEMSELVES had rated as a top five player on there draft board

Reaction score
The scouts rated him as the 5th best player.

The GM decided he wasn't quick twitched enough.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No one is judging how good or bad the player may be. I just think its odd that a team that has both Oline and Dline issues passed on a guy that THEY THEMSELVES had rated as a top five player on there draft board

I was talking more about Laz saying he hasn't looked good.

I'm more on the side of why did we pass on him. I've never heard a decent explanation for ignoring your draft board the way we did. If this works, it could well fall in the dumb luck category.

process.jpeg

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not to mention we supposedly had Williams over Escobar but took Escobar, Webb over Wilcox but took Wilcox, and Magee over Hollomon but took Holloman.

Before dbair strokes out, I'm not saying those didn't work out, but why have a board if you are just going to ignore it?

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Some are trying to make it that. I think the sensible people are pissed about not addressing the D Line at all.

Frederick and some DL help was an option.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We didn't need a wide reciever or a tight end more than we needed a DT. Maybe they looked at Escobar and Williams's potential and the cap space that Williams can potentially save if we get rid of Austin next year vs. what DT was available, his impact this year, and his long term potential. I hope they weighed everything.

Top Bottom