Reaction score
I'm a little concerned that the Cowboys will end up starting Costa at center and Frederick at one of the guards (because the current waking wounded guards suck so bad).

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is what happens when you have 3 glaring weaknesses (LG, C, and RG) and only address one of them in the off-season. No matter how good Frederick is, and wherever he plays, there is still 2 awful players by him.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm a little concerned that the Cowboys will end up starting Costa at center and Frederick at one of the guards (because the current waking wounded guards suck so bad).

I would actually prefer this provided Costa actually plays well.

It would put the best OL out there and Frederick can move over to C in a year or two.

But, if Costa isn't playing well and he is out there because the team's other OL suck worse, then fuck that idea.

Reaction score
I would actually prefer this provided Costa actually plays well.

It would put the best OL out there and Frederick can move over to C in a year or two.

But, if Costa isn't playing well and he is out there because the team's other OL suck worse, then fuck that idea.

You just hit the nail on the head.

I wish Costa and Hulketta all of the happiness in the world, but when the team looks at its OL and says Costa is one of the best 5 ... and good enough to merit your #1 draft choice moving to his second best position ... I am a doubter.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;SxhYCvSUiUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxhYCvSUiUA[/video]

Red making excuses

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We design the test so that our expectations from OL are the exact same as our expectations for CBs. We don't really think OL should be able to compete with CBs in an endurance race but we ask them to do it because it really gets them ready to practice. We also pit the CBs against the OL in bench press just so we can cast our frown on the underperforming DBs who can't lift as much as the linemen. We do this because it too gets them ready to practice.

All the things we do we do because it gets them ready to practice even though we really don't expect them to be able to do these things, they're still out there processing and stacking one good effort on top of another.

Hey, you know me....I'm a guy who gives an A for effort because like my good friend Morgan Freeman said in Shawshank Redemption, "all it takes is time and pressure". Given enough time and pressure put forth by the player in the form of effort, we can get a player who's outstanding.

With that in mind, I'd like to reiterate that we don't just come out here and expect OL to run like DBs. We just ask them to do it anyway because if they try hard enough, for long enough, then all the OL will eventually be able to play the defensive back position and that's something we look for in our OL.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[video=youtube;SxhYCvSUiUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxhYCvSUiUA[/video]

Red making excuses

He seems nervous, uncomfortable, and lacking in confidence.

We design the test so that our expectations from OL are the exact same as our expectations for CBs. We don't really think OL should be able to compete with CBs in an endurance race but we ask them to do it because it really gets them ready to practice. We also pit the CBs against the OL in bench press just so we can cast our frown on the underperforming DBs who can't life as much as the linemen. We do this because it too gets them ready to practice.

All the things we do we do because it gets them ready to practice even though we really don't expect them to be able to do these things, they're still out there processing and stacking one good effort on top of another.

Hey, you know me....I'm a guy who gives an A for effort because like my good friend Morgan Freeman said in Shawshank Redemption, "all it takes is time and pressure". Given enough time and pressure put forth by the player in the form of effort, we can get a player who's outstanding.

With that in mind, I'd like to reiterate that we don't just come out here and expect OL to run like DBs. We just ask them to do it anyway because if they try hard enough, for long enough, then all the OL will eventually be able to play the defensive back position and that's something we look for in our OL.

Where was this quote from?

Reaction score
I know it could be a freak accident, but almost feels like guys weren’t ready for training camp. Why does it seem they don’t know how to warm up their muscles and ligaments properly?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I know it could be a freak accident, but almost feels like guys weren’t ready for training camp. Why does it seem they don’t know how to warm up their muscles and ligaments properly?

blown Achilles doesn't have anything to do with that

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Forgot Abraham was still out there, mentioned in this FWST article:

Defensive end Tyrone Crawford carted off field fearing Achilles injury, leaving Cowboys thinner on DL

Second-year defensive end Tyrone Crawford was carted off the field Sunday during the Cowboys' first practice of training camp.

He was participating in slalom drills against tackling dummies when he fell to the ground and yelled in pain. He held his left ankle and lay on his back, pounding the ground in anger. "Achilles!" he told the trainers. "I can't --- believe this!"

For the Cowboys, it was a second blow for the defensive line in two days. Saturday, defensive tackle Jay Ratliff suffered a hamstring injury during the conditioning test. The Cowboys may now be forced to shore up the depth in the defensive line, an area owner Jerry Jones said in the offseason that he liked.

It could put the Cowboys in the market for veteran defensive end John Abraham, who spent last season with the Atlanta Falcons. He was released in March after completing one year of a three-year extension he signed in 2012. He is the Falcons' career sacks leader.

Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...ving-cowboys-thinner-on-dl.html#storylink=cpy

Reaction score
Good thing the Cowboys are relying on the front 4 to generate pressure instead of scheme. Ware and Spencer are going to be gassed this season.

Reaction score
‏@nickeatman9h
MRI results on Ratliff reveal just minor strain ... Should be day-to-day

Top Bottom