dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Next question is would this bozo coach have the guts to implement such a system, or the knowledge to properly teach it.

Because it's radically different from what Garrett has always done, and we know how incredibly conservative he is.

I actually hope he wouldn't, I still think it puts your QB into situations where they take too many hits.

The guy is extremely mobile though so taking advantage of him by using more roll outs would be a good thing. The other huge positive is he does have the ability to not only extend plays but if he takes off and runs, he runs well.

I think he probably needs more work than say Goff, Cook or even Wentz, but in 3 years he could be quite a bit better than the other three with a solid supporting cast.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Next question is would this bozo coach have the guts to implement such a system, or the knowledge to properly teach it.

Because it's radically different from what Garrett has always done, and we know how incredibly conservative he is.

I read your first post and actually laughed out loud thinking about Garrett trying to do something different or creative

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Jerruh and his shiny toy syndrome. Yeah I could see it.

Fact is no matter how big and tough your QB is it only takes one hit the wrong way to park him on the bench.

The SMART thing is to have a system so that he gets hit as little as possible.

To me what is between the ears is so much more important then arm strength or size its not funny at all.

Goff has to me more of that quality then anyone else this year and that is why he is my pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Goff has to me more of that quality then anyone else this year and that is why he is my pick.

I'm fine with us taking Goff if we have the chance. I do think if Romo went down again, with the rest of our supporting cast he would probably fare pretty decent, certainly would be better than this years crop of backups. I agree in the short term, he is probably the one most likely to play well in the right situation.

I still think Lynch and probably Wentz too both have more upside and may end up better down the road. I also think Cook and Hackenberg in the right places can pan out as well. I really don't care which of these QB's we end up with, all have upside and all could potentially be quality starters down the line.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm fine with us taking Goff if we have the chance. I do think if Romo went down again, with the rest of our supporting cast he would probably fare pretty decent, certainly would be better than this years crop of backups. I agree in the short term, he is probably the one most likely to play well in the right situation.

I still think Lynch and probably Wentz too both have more upside and may end up better down the road. I also think Cook and Hackenberg in the right places can pan out as well. I really don't care which of these QB's we end up with, all have upside and all could potentially be quality starters down the line.

I agree with this. In the second round I would love to get Cook or Hackenberg in the second if both Wentz and Goff are off the board at 4. Or if Wentz blows it big time at the Senior Bowl. Personally I would take Hackenberg over Cook but that's just me. Cook is still a really good prospect. He looks the part and has all the tools to be another Andy Dalton.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I agree with this. In the second round I would love to get Cook or Hackenberg in the second if both Wentz and Goff are off the board at 4. Or if Wentz blows it big time at the Senior Bowl. Personally I would take Hackenberg over Cook but that's just me. Cook is still a really good prospect. He looks the part and has all the tools to be another Andy Dalton.

cook I see as Cutler part Deux

Iamtdg

Reaction score

I have come to the conclusion I want nothing to do with Cook.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion I want nothing to do with Cook.

Really the only thing that bothers me about Cook is the fact that he's not well liked by his teammates. To me that's a huge red flag. It reminds me of Joey Harrington. I've read that he has a huge sense of self entitlement, similar to Jimmy Clausen.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Really the only thing that bothers me about Cook is the fact that he's not well liked by his teammates. To me that's a huge red flag. It reminds me of Joey Harrington. I've read that he has a huge sense of self entitlement, similar to Jimmy Clausen.

And, if he were all-world I might be able to look past that, but he is most definitely not all-world.

Top Bottom