Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
63b189bd6b2d995a44c83d21a16865c2.jpg

Here is Monday mornings L.A Times headline looked like. This was obviously before he was fired. This article is essentially talking about how embarrassing the Rams have been and how they need to fire Fisher!

Reaction score
Btw, no way in hell does Fisher top Garrett as worst coach.

Garrett's Rams would be winless right now.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Btw, no way in hell does Fisher top Garrett as worst coach.

Garrett's Rams would be winless right now.

Garrett has 45 losses and Fisher has 165 losses which ties him for most losses of all time in the NFL

So yes, Fisher does Top Garrett as worst coach, he literally tops every other coach in NFL history other than Dan Reeves who also has 165 losses

Reaction score
As much as we all dislike Garrett, there's no way in hell I'd take Fisher over him.

Fisher at least stumbled ass backwards into a Super Bowl game. The Titans came like 2 yards from winning that game.

And keep in mind that Garrett was the new Mr .500 before Dak and Zeke.

Both coaches are way under mediocre, but Garrett has done less with more resources his entire tenure. Beyond that, Garrett has the most punchable face of any coach ever.

Reaction score
Garrett has 45 losses and Fisher has 165 losses which ties him for most losses of all time in the NFL

So yes, Fisher does Top Garrett as worst coach

Since you're basing this solely on number of losses, I guess Tom Landry sucked a giant dick as coach. Bummer. I thought he was ok.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Exactly. The other four in that top five for losses are Reeves, Landry, Shula, and Coughlin.

And number six is George Halas.

Whatta bunch of bums, amirite?

Thanks to Jerry's love, we'll probably all get to see Garrett enter that club someday. Only with a sub .500 record.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just used the overall losses as one determining factor simply because Fishers number is record setting. But that is not the only doctor that proves Fisher is a worst coach than Garrett. If you look at all of their win/loss percentages my claim that Fisher is worse than Garrett (and the rest of the coaches mentioned still holds true)

Fisher .512 career win/loss percentage and with the Rams he is 31-45-1 with a .409

Reeves .535
Landry .602
Shula .677
Coughlin .531

Garrett .554. 56-45

You can slice it any way you want. You can look at overall losses

You can look at the career win/loss percentage

Anyway you look at it Fisher is historically the worst coach of all time and statistically worse than Garrett

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly. The other four in that top five for losses are Reeves, Landry, Shula, and Coughlin.

And number six is George Halas.

Whatta bunch of bums, amirite?

Thanks to Jerry's love, we'll probably all get to see Garrett enter that club someday. Only with a sub .500 record.

They are only on that "loss" list because they coached so many damn games, not because they lost half their games.

Fisher has something like 6 winning seasons in 20+ years. You might want to look what those other guys on the list had.

Fisher sux TE. One of the most overrated coaches of all time by far and he's proven to be a total doofus boob the past few years with the Rams.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is a list of the worst coaches?

No, it was a list of the coaches with the most losses in NFL history that TE quoted

Not the worst coaches

It started because I stated that Fisher and his record setting 165 losses is a worse coach than Garrett and his 45 losses as proof and that Fisher is the worst coach of all time.

Than the rest of the coaches on the top five most losses were mentioned so I quoted all of their win/loss percentage which still proves that Fisher is a worse coach than Garrett and still the Worst Coach of all of the ones that were mentioned

If you look at both Garrett and Fishers records since 2010 (when Garrett started as a HC) then Fisher is by far the worse coach .409 to Garrett's .512

I never stated the rest of the coaches on the top five losses were bad coaches, and I used all of their win/loss percentages to clarify that.

They all had so many losses because they coached for so damn long. As did Fisher, but Fisher was the worst of those coaches listed because he has the lowest win/loss percentage to go along with his record setting 165 losses

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Albert Breer of The MMQB detailed much of what went wrong under Fisher, and one source described the feeling around the team as a “country-club environment.” Here’s more:

"Those on the personnel side were vocal about what was seen as a country-club environment in the locker room. The team wasn’t hitting enough in practice, according to some; offensive players, and particularly those along the line, weren’t being developed, according to others; And there was a general lack of accountability permeating from Fisher’s players’-coach ways, according to many."

None of that should come as a shock. Fisher embarrassed himself a couple weeks back when he clearly had no idea who plays running back for one of his opponents, and that told us everything we needed to know. Though, given his track record, most of us already knew it.

The Rams have plenty of talent on both sides of the ball, yet they had progressively gotten worse since Fisher took over. Fisher and general manager Les Snead may have denied the troubling reports about their relationship, but it has become clear they were probably true. The two-year extension Fisher signed earlier this season was essentially a farce.

Report: Rams had ‘country club environment’ under Jeff Fisher

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wait, I didn't even realize anyone was claiming Fisher was worse than Garrett. That's hilarious. :lol

Fisher sucked with the Rams because he never found a QB, and that's his fault. Trading Bradford for Foles was one of the dumbest moves I've seen.

But he was 22 games over .500 with the Oilers/Titans with McNair and people like Kerry freaking Collins. Garrett could never do that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wait, I didn't even realize anyone was claiming Fisher was worse than Garrett. That's hilarious. :lol

Fisher sucked with the Rams because he never found a QB, and that's his fault. Trading Bradford for Foles was one of the dumbest moves I've seen.

But he was 22 games over .500 with the Oilers/Titans with McNair and people like Kerry freaking Collins. Garrett could never do that.

He's 11-2 with a rookie 4th rd pick playing QB though. McNair and Collins were not bad QB's, especially McNair and both were chosen very early in the draft.

I don't like Garrett anymore but yeah, I would take him before Fisher and I used to think Fisher was a decent coach.

I think it was Randy Galloway who was a huge Fisher fan, he mentioned numerous times how much Jones liked Fisher and IIRC the rumors were the Titans delayed firing Fisher a few years ago because they were convinced Jones was going to hire him. So they waited till after Jones named Garrett the permanent HC before making their move.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Um, we know now that any rumors about anyone other than Garrett were pure BS.

Garrett was Jerry's plan for many years. Fisher isn't a pushover and his deddy didn't work for Jerry.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Um, we know now that any rumors about anyone other than Garrett were pure BS.

Garrett was Jerry's plan for many years. Fisher isn't a pushover and his deddy didn't work for Jerry.

According to Galloway though Jones loved Fisher from their time on the competition committee, and it does seem somewhat of a major coincidence that the Titans waited until after the Cowboys named Garrett permanently HC before doing anything with Fisher (IIRC none of this took place immediately after the season was over, it took some time)

It makes perfect sense to me now. Fischer has proven to be a goober flub, and that's why Jones would like him.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't doubt that he and Jeff had been friends for many years.

But as far as hiring him over Garrett? Not a chance. Like I said before, Fisher isn't in the family portrait and he actually has balls.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fisher just stated that he "wants the chance to coach against the Rams"

Lmao

His ass ain't ever working in the NFL again

Not with the record for most losses of all time and a barely above .500 career win/loss percentage

Or a .412 record if you look at his last job with the Rams

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's an old boys coaching league. He'll get another shot.

I doubt the Jags want a neophyte again after Bradley. He could land there.

Top Bottom