Reaction score
Raiders dump 2011 third-round CB Van Dyke

Raiders waived CB Demarcus Van Dyke
The move clears a spot for Joselio Hanson. An Al Davis special, "DVD" ran a 4.28 forty at last year's Combine, but was spotty in coverage, and mostly utilized at nickel back in college. He's only 23 and was far from a disaster as a rookie, however, so it's still a surprising move. The steadier and more experienced Hanson will replace Van Dyke in the slot, further signaling Oakland's sea change in philosophy since the passing of its longtime owner. Van Dyke's youth and athleticism should land him a new job within the week.

Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter
Sep 3 - 10:38 AM

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hate to say it because it drives me nuts when people do this, but he kind of interests me.

someone will claim him but he has good size at 6"1 190 and clearly he can run...

maybe he just needs time to learn in a new setting.

Reaction score
Don't be suprised if we sign him. Look at what sourced up sdogo said about him 2 years ago:

sdogo said:
I talked to main go to guy today and was kind of taken back. He stated he would be "astonished" if the Cowboys took Smith at 9.

Not so much that they take Smith but that they stay at 9. He said Jerry has multiple offers on the table, two teams who wanted to pull the trigger before the draft even starts. One of which was the Texans, said he could not tell me the other but he said it was a team in the late teens.

He also stated the Cowboys have an tentative offer from a team in the early 20's (my guess would be Philadelphia). Said he does not believe Jerry would drop that far unless they blew him away.

I asked him straight up, if every team pulled the offer off the table would the Cowboys take Smith at 9 and he said at this moment he the odds are against it but you have to see how the draft unfolds. He said if the Cowboys were forced to use the 9th pick they would look to Cameron Jordan.

Also stated that he is starting to hear that a team with two second round picks is talking about trading up with Dallas and are late enough that the 2nd could be in play. He believes this is Jerry's MO all along hoping to either use that additional 2nd to get back into round 1 if a player slips. I did some research and the only teams with a 2nd that pick late enough to add up are NE at 17 & 28 and the Chargers at 18.

The Patriots idea peeked my interest. With two picks each in the first 3 rounds there has been a lot of information going around that they are looking to move up in the 1st.

As far as the next couple rounds, assuming things stay the same which sounds like a long shot it appears the Cowboys will target Rahim Moore, Aaron Williams or the top rated DE or OL that drops. If they trade down in the 2nd I can all but guarantee Kenrick Ellis will be the pick but not at 40.

In the 3rd, Ellis if he still on the board or Will Rackley.

I'll have a more complex narrowed down list based on possible scenario's either Tuesday or Wednesday. Still not sure if I'll post it or not. If I do it probably wont be on here.

Most people dont want to hear it but if the Cowboys wrangle an additional #2 you can best bet your *** if Dalton is on the board for one of them he will be the pick. I heard today from two people that the Cowboys draft board involves several scenario's where they position themselves for Dalton.

Just to toss out a few names that have not received much attention but the Cowboys really like are:

RB Stevan Ridley (would not surprise me if Dallas took him in the 4th or 5th round)

FB | Dial Preston | Alabama

WR | Ricardo Lockett | Fort Valley St

TE | Lee Smith | Marshall
TE | Stephen Skelton | Fordham

OT | Byron Stingley | Louisville

OG | Clint Boiling | Georgia
OG | Keith Williams | Nebraska

OC | Rodney Hudson | Florida St
OC | Jake Kirkpatrick | TCU

DE | Zane Parr | Virginia

OLB | Jonas Mouton | Michigan
OLB | Ross Homas | Ohio St

ILB | Alex Wujciak | Maryland

CB | DeMarcus Van Dyke | Miami(FL) (They LOVE this kid but he is going to go much higher then he should)

CB | Johnny Patrick | Louisville (Dallas loves his potential as a safety)

CB | Korey Lindsey | Souther Illinois

Those are just some names to ponder in addition to the released names we all seem to be talking about. If I had to bet I would say we are more likely to see these guys taken then the one's Dallas has put in the spot lite.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Only guy I remember from that list that ended up having serious, legitimate interest from the Cowboys was Johnny Patrick. I remember they wanted him to move to FS.

But I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Van Dyke. Just say good riddance to Jenkins and let him rehab his shoulder on the waiver wire.

Reaction score
‏@ProFootballTalk
DeMarcus Van Dyke, the fastest man at the Scouting Combine and a third-round pick of the Raiders, has cleared waivers.

Cowboys LOVE this guy!

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
He nailed that draft.

What is funny is that Hostile's thread about the draft that year echoed a lot of the same crap. Must have the same shitty source or Hostile was just piggy backing again.

Also, pet peeve, if you want to be taken seriously as a blogger/internet insider/etc., learn the difference between "peeked" and "piqued".

Top Bottom