Reaction score
Because reports are we're going to be restructuring more today....

But anyway...

I'm sure you all remember this thread where one of our great posters took the time to recap with great detail Jerry Jones outlines for making things uncomfortable around VR.

Um.... how can you preach uncomfortablity, while at the same time giving a dozen players more guaranteed money?

And I'm not talking about the Romo's, the Wares, the Carrs... the guys who routinely give all.

I'm talking about some guys who SHOULD be feeling some heat. Miles. Those shitty guards. Ratliff.

Seems like you're actually making it considerably more comfortable for them.

No?

Reaction score
Absolutely. Jerry's always been about coddling the players. This is just the latest example of why our players have a sense of entitlement, and therefore, no accountability from the coaching staff.

Reaction score
You can't dump your entire team and start over.

They need Ratliff. Hell, they need more than just Ratliff on the defensive line. How do you cut people at a position you already are short at.

You can't replace Miles Austin with a better WR. There isn't one out there. Restructuring him saves you money. What are you going to do?

As for Doug Free. That's a difficult matter. You need a tackle to replace him, but lets face it. He sucks. If I knew we could get a started quality tackle in the draft, I cut him without thinking twice. If you cut him now and don't have a replacement, you're screwed. You do not have a backup tackle in case of injury. All you have is Parnell (who doesn't evoke confidence) who by default becomes your starting right tackle.

While it looks simple, you can't just commit team suicide by carelessly cutting someone you don't like.

That said, I still think Free is a goner. I think they will find someone out there to replace him. He will be a June 1st cut.

Reaction score
Who advocated dumping the entire team and starting over?

I'm simply asking how a GM can promise to make things uncomfortable and then go and guarantee that players who should feel some heat will be here for the next year plus, at least?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
DOOMED!!!! DOOMED!!!!!

I bet we will have to forfeit all our games and players.

Reaction score
Who advocated dumping the entire team and starting over?

I'm simply asking how a GM can promise to make things uncomfortable and then go and guarantee that players who should feel some heat will be here for the next year plus, at least?

How exactly do you make a guy uncomfortable if it's not prudent to just outright release him? How do we know they aren't uncomfortable right now? Free definitely can't be comfortable in his situation. There was a while there that Ratliff didn't know if he would still be on the team.

Austin probably got told already that he must improve or he will be released next season. Next season will probably make him easier to release financially cap wise too.

Jerry should just STFU and go about his business.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its beating a dead horse.

Until its actually a REAL issue, you are crying over spilt milk that MIGHT happen sometime in the future.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Guaranteed = you get paid even if you're fired (cut).

I think the problem is there are a certain number of people here who when they see the word "restructure" they automatically assume its some astronomical amount being guaranteed, when in fact some may be minor adjustments. Without knowing the details of what they did exactly its pretty lame to continuously complain about and assume the worst.

Also, some of the adjustments are converting all or a portion of base salary to signing bonus/guaranteed money, which isnt an issue if you know that player is going to be here anyway.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It is a real issue.

Are you blind?

Hasnt prevented us from doing anything this year. Everyone said they couldnt afford to tag Spencer (our most important free agent by far) but they did, didnt they?

Reaction score
Hasnt prevented us from doing anything this year. Everyone said they couldnt afford to tag Spencer (our most important free agent by far) but they did, didnt they?

We haven't tried to do anything yet, aside from Spencer.

So you really have no point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We haven't tried to do anything yet, aside from Spencer.

So you really have no point.

And neither do you asshat, free agency hasnt even started yet

We DID in fact franchise Spencer, so we DID do something. Something that being in capp hell or being totally handcuffed couldnt have happened, according to you

Top Bottom