ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
JBond should go to the zone, start a thread with "Fucking Idiots" in the title, and see what happens.

I'm kidding, obviously. Don't do that. I'd have to infract you, and I don't really want to do that.

Actually, I probably wouldn't infract you. I would pretend like I didn't see it, and let Idgit infract you.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
JBond should go to the zone, start a thread with "Fucking Idiots" in the title, and see what happens.

I'm kidding, obviously. Don't do that. I'd have to infract you, and I don't really want to do that.

Actually, I probably wouldn't infract you. I would pretend like I didn't see it, and let Idgit infract you.

You should be offended to be part of a group that includes handjobber and idgit. That dude hit the ~gay hammer hitting nail on the head smilie~ when he picked his user name.

Reaction score
Iceberg I like your idea for education and re-education for gun ownership and CCP. I still don't see a purpose for a civilian to own a semi automatic weapon with a 15 round magazine but your suggestion of education makes sense.

On a different note, you said the Army doesn't use automatic weapons anymore. Granted I've been out since 1997 but when I was in we were trained with M-60s and the SAW, both were automatic weapons. I also question how M16 A-2 3 round burst isn't considered an automatic option. Correct me if I'm wrong but a semi automatic option would be one trigger pull one round sent down range, 3 round burst wouldn't qualify therefore be an automatic function.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Iceberg I like your idea for education and re-education for gun ownership and CCP. I still don't see a purpose for a civilian to own a semi automatic weapon with a 15 round magazine but your suggestion of education makes sense.

On a different note, you said the Army doesn't use automatic weapons anymore. Granted I've been out since 1997 but when I was in we were trained with M-60s and the SAW, both were automatic weapons. I also question how M16 A-2 3 round burst isn't considered an automatic option. Correct me if I'm wrong but a semi automatic option would be one trigger pull one round sent down range, 3 round burst wouldn't qualify therefore be an automatic function.

i don't see why people have to "fear" things out of others lives by regulating how many rounds are in a clip. i do respect the other views, however. just don't agree.

if you were training in the weapons, you'd know more than me. i just read a lot and don't always get it right. but my understanding is that while i'm sure there are automatic weapons in the military, the M-16's are simply round bursts, not hold and fire away. is this "automatic"? maybe it blurs the line, but i don't think so cause it only fires 3 rounds per trigger pull.

Reaction score
I just said I don't see the purpose in those weapons or magazines. Seems like a lot of machismo BS to me.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Bull
What other purpose is there? Same protection can be provided with a hunting rifle or shotgun. So truthfully what do they provide you that a simpler weapon couldn't?

Your logic suggests only movers should own trucks.
You cannot dictate what other people want based on what you perceive to be needful.
If I want a high caliber with high capacity magazines it is my right given to us by the 2nd Amendment to get one.
Simple as that.
You don't get to decide what people want or need based on your own perceptions.
When you do that, some day someone else will decide for you what you want and need.

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You cannot dictate what other people want based on what you perceive to be needful.
If I want a high caliber with high capacity magazines it is my right given to us by the 2nd Amendment to get one.
Simple as that.
When you do that, some day someone else will decide for you what you want and need.

Most importantly, it's his logic. He doesn't have the right to impose on it anyone else through force of law.

Everyone is so hung up over the imposition of religious beliefs that they miss the larger picture. Our country was founded on the idea that no belief or value system could be forced on anyone regardless of the nature that belief or value system -- religious, philosophical, scientific, axiomatic, or otherwise...

Last edited:

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I just said I don't see the purpose in those weapons or magazines. Seems like a lot of machismo BS to me.

oh that could well be part of it. they just come standard w/30 round clips. if you wanted to drop it to 10 just to "regulate" it then they can put like 3 coupled together and when one is out just bump it over to the next clip and keep on going. i really don't see a "right" or "wrong" in any of this, just how people feel about it.

i don't have the stats with me, but very few actual crimes are committed with an AR-15. for sandy hook, it's still "cloudy" if he even had the bushmaster with him. if he did, i've also heard it jammed on him (which will happen with cheaper guns and "after market" 30 round clips) but then again, obama said it was "fully automatic" which was news to the world, but hey, it spread fear.

i wish people would educate themselves on what they wish to "police" vs. just go "guns bad, outlaw them!" and keep scaring people who simply don't know enough about guns to do more than take politicians word on it. as we've seen, even some of the politicians are clueless on what they're demanding gets regulated. (see democrat bitch in colorado who thinks high cap mags, once used, are discarded and of no use any more).

as for guns in the schools, that's a double edged sword but i do feel we'd likely spend less $ putting an armed, trained guard in the schools vs. try to ban things that in the end, simply won't be banned. what about double stack pistols that can put 18+ rounds in 1 pistol? are we concerned about how many bullets are in a clip or mag before having to put another one in, or just the AR-15? if just the AR-15, why?

appreciate the civil discussion on this.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Most importantly, it's his logic. He doesn't have the right to impose on it anyone else through force of law.

Everyone is so hung up over the imposition of religious beliefs that they miss the larger picture. Our country was founded on the idea that no belief or value system could be forced on anyone regardless of the nature that belief or value system -- religious, philosophical, scientific, axiomatic, or otherwise...

I get that 100%

Reaction score
Simple as that.
I didn't question your right just the purpose. I didn't dictate to anyone what they could or could not have just questioned the purpose. You can't seem to answer that.

Reaction score
I just question the purpose iceberg. I don't see the need for a semi automatic rifle with a 30 round clip. You have to agree though that a 30 round clip is substantially quicker to get 30 rounds out then it would be for three 10 round clips. The comparison you made isn't comparing apples to apples. I wouldn't own a gun like that and wouldn't have an issue if they weren't allowed to be sold anymore. Not a big gun guy though so my opinion comes from that point of view. I don't hunt. I don't target shoot. I do own some guns but they are hunting rifles and shotguns that are family heirlooms.

I agree with your education component for gun ownership and continued education for CCP.

Reaction score

I didn't think I did impose my logic on anyone.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I didn't question your right just the purpose. I didn't dictate to anyone what they could or could not have just questioned the purpose. You can't seem to answer that.

Because I can.
You are passively advocating for the ban based on your own perception.
You may think is is machismo BS.It is not.
You may not find a purpose for it,but the purpose is protection.
You find that with a hunting rifle or shotgun,I find it with my AR.

Reaction score
Because I can.
You are passively advocating for the ban based on your own perception.
You may think is is machismo BS.It is not.
You may not find a purpose for it,but the purpose is protection.
You find that with a hunting rifle or shotgun,I find it with my AR.
Because I can? Yeah that's not BS machismo.

If I was advocating it I'd say it. Your protection purpose is BS but it's yours. You get the same with any hunting rifle or shotgun. It's the BS machismo admit it. You have a small penis. :lol

Top Bottom