dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Preseason peek

The NFL is expected to release the preseason schedule today.

With the Cowboys training in Oxnard, Calif., this summer, they should get two West Coast preseason games to start the schedule. San Diego and Oakland probably are good guesses.

The Cowboys have played the Chargers in three of the past four preseasons. They have played Oakland in two of the past four preseasons.

The Cowboys have played Houston every preseason except 2009 and 2011, and they have yet to host the Texans at Cowboys Stadium. So that would be a natural home preseason game.

Since 2006, the Cowboys have closed out their preseason schedule against either Minnesota or Miami, so one of those teams is a likely visitor to Cowboys Stadium. Dallas traveled to both cities last preseason, so either could be an option.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/04/03/3858701/alabamas-barron-can-fill-a-need.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Been waiting for this, it's usually during the week of the owners meetings....

Surprised they don't have a show for this yet

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Been waiting for this, it's usually during the week of the owners meetings....

Surprised they don't have a show for this yet

"pre-season"

I think the regular season schedule will be out next week.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
"pre-season"

I think the regular season schedule will be out next week.

Yea I know, they used to just tell us at the owners meeting the preseason schedule. Now that is even held back to be an item.

The schedule probably won't be out for two weeks, they have been doing it that we'd or thursday the week before the draft...

I also think we are going to play Denver instead of Oakland.....Garrett and fox are friends.....

Freddie

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I already know the pre-season schedule. Be damned if I'll share it with this cabal, however.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys preseason sked announced: First two games on West Coast vs. Raiders, Chargers

The Cowboys preseason schedule was officially released on Wednesday and to no surprise the first two games were on the West Coast to accommodate the team holding training camp in Oxnard, Ca.

The Cowboys will open at the Oakland Raiders Aug. 13 in a game nationally televised on ESPN. That is the only date that is firm.

The second game will be at the San Diego Chargers the weekend of Aug. 17-19. They will host the St. Louis Rams in the first preseason game at Cowboys stadium during the week of Aug. 24-26 before concluding the preseason at home against the Miami Dolphins the week of Aug. 29-30.

Look for the game to be on the Aug. 29 to give the Cowboys maximum time to prepare for the season opener which is set for Wednesday Sept. 5 at the New York Giants.

The full regular season schedule will be announced later this month.

Clarence Hill

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-coast-vs-raiders-chargers.html#storylink=cpy

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bummed we are playing Oakland and not denver. I thought the get away game would be Denver....I really wanted the defense to play against manning.

Reaction score
Also, love how we play our last preseason game 26 hours before we start the regular season.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Also, love how we play our last preseason game 26 hours before we start the regular season.

the head coach went to princeton.

26 hours leaves him like 3 or 4 hours to kill.

Cythim

Reaction score

Look for the game to be on the Aug. 29 to give the Cowboys maximum time to prepare for the season opener which is set for Wednesday Sept. 5 at the New York Giants.

Where do those 26 hours come into play?

Top Bottom