Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Whoever Cleveland gets will be competing with RGIII so that will be interesting to see how that plays out

It would be a shame for RGIII if all he can muster is a backup spot to a rookie

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's right I forgot about RGIII. Expectations are extremely low for him so hopefully that will help him regain his confidence.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't know about that

They should be expecting him to start and the new guy to battle for back up

Hopefully it's not the other way around

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It would be a shame for RGIII if all he can muster is a backup spot to a rookie
Why would it be a shame? He's been well paid, he's had his chances. If he sucks he sucks, but still gets paid.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Sounds like to me he had maturity issues.

Physical skills were there though.

considering he made the same decisions time and again for many years how is that a maturity issue? Its a lack of character and morals. Cannot believe there are still those trying to claim Leaf would have ever amounted to ANYTHING.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
considering he made the same decisions time and again for many years how is that a maturity issue? Its a lack of character and morals. Cannot believe there are still those trying to claim Leaf would have ever amounted to ANYTHING.

Leaf clearly had a ton of talent, what he needed was hard, strong coaching at the NFL level. He didn't get that anywhere.

Had he ended up with a coach like Parcells, Belichick, Jimmy his career might have been different. There's no way to know for sure but that would have given him a far better chance IMO.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Leaf clearly had a ton of talent, what he needed was hard, strong coaching at the NFL level. He didn't get that anywhere.

Had he ended up with a coach like Parcells, Belichick, Jimmy his career might have been different. There's no way to know for sure but that would have given him a far better chance IMO.

I doubt someone like Parcells would have gotten to him after how his life spiraled out of control once he left the NFL. Just look at what happened to Quincy Carter. He was under the influence of the Parcells; but ended up throwing it all away anyways.

There's just something inherently wrong with Leaf's mental makeup. He's a sociopath.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There's just something inherently wrong with Leaf's mental makeup. He's a sociopath.
Burglarizing his players' apartments to steal their pain meds points to that. He was convicted of this, happened while he was a QB coach at West Texas A&M.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I doubt someone like Parcells would have gotten to him after how his life spiraled out of control once he left the NFL. Just look at what happened to Quincy Carter. He was under the influence of the Parcells; but ended up throwing it all away anyways.

Could be, he definitely fell off a cliff.

That said, Carter was a mental midget and stoner head before we ever picked him. Had Parcells, Jimmy, Belichick etc etc had Leaf from day one maybe they'd have made more of an imprint on him.

Really no way to know for sure.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Burglarizing his players' apartments to steal their pain meds points to that. He was convicted of this, happened while he was a QB coach at West Texas A&M.

Didn't he also just walk into some old lady's house too and walk right to her medicine cabinet and take her meds?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Wasn't Mart Schottenheimer his coach? Marty wasn't quite Jimmy, or the Bill's but he wasn't exactly a scrub either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wasn't Mart Schottenheimer his coach? Marty wasn't quite Jimmy, or the Bill's but he wasn't exactly a scrub either.

It was Kevin Gilbride and June Jones his rookie yr, then Mike Riley for two yrs. Leaf got hurt one of those seasons (it was a bad wrist or forearm injury IIRC) and never threw the ball the same again.

After that he got released, came here in 2001 and started a few games. I was at the game he started vs the Falcons here in Atlanta.

Reaction score

Who said he would've ever amounted to anything? All I've stated was that he had all the physical tools to succeed, but lacked the maturity/mental makeup.

Try re-reading this thread, amigo.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It was Kevin Gilbride and June Jones his rookie yr, then Mike Riley for two yrs. Leaf got hurt one of those seasons (it was a bad wrist or forearm injury IIRC) and never threw the ball the same again.

After that he got released, came here in 2001 and started a few games. I was at the game he started vs the Falcons here in Atlanta.

I remember him saying when he was in Dallas that his wrist would pop out if he threw the ball too hard. He would just pop it back in place.

Top Bottom