ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Mostly Vaughn and Williams, though Hanie had one of those. We scored 21 from the very end of the 3rd to the end of the game. They were up 34-10 until literally the last play of the 3rd quarter.

Last edited:

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
When I first flipped through the channels and found the game, it was already a 27-10 game. I checked at CZ and they were bragging about how good the Cowboys were playing. I guess the score would have been 49-3 for them to admit that it was an ass kicking. What am I missing?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When I first flipped through the channels and found the game, it was already a 27-10 game. I checked at CZ and they were bragging about how good the Cowboys were playing. I guess the score would have been 49-3 for them to admit that it was an ass kicking. What am I missing?
"Take away that fumble for a TD that never happens and take away that 108 yd kick return that never happens and you have a 13-10 game!"

-Said every homer, everywhere.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

They dismissed the Romo play as a fluke, which I get. But the KO return was an abortion and scary considering how sound our ST was last year.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The special teams (aside from Bailey) sucked on both sides last night. They always had good returns against us, while our guys would just run into people. They need to get that shit together. Also, our punter sucks.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
"Take away that fumble for a TD that never happens and take away that 108 yd kick return that never happens and you have a 13-10 game!"

-Said every homer, everywhere.

I guess staying within 3 points, if they subtracted the plays that didn't go in the Cowboys favor ,is one of those moral victory things that have become popular over the last couple of seasons.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I loathe when people say that we have been "so close" the last 3 years. STFU. We'd be 1 - and - done each year.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I loathe when people say that we have been "so close" the last 3 years. STFU. We'd be 1 - and - done each year.

The homers actually defend the team's recent record. They act like this team can win the Super Bowl if they can just get into the playoffs . They use the " any team can get hot" reasoning.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The homers actually defend the team's recent record. They act like this team can win the Super Bowl if they can just get into the playoffs . They use the " any team can get hot" reasoning.
Yeah they look at teams like the Giants when they got in at 9-7 then won out. Problem is, that team actually had the ability to do that and did it the old way - by feeding the opponents Buckwheats for four quarters every week.

Reaction score
49 reps and they said during the broadcast he ran 4.8 at 300lbs

Then we watch what he does in the game with just a couple days of practice. Why wasn't this guy on somebody's practice squad/roster?

That's a big question. IMO, sometimes the talent can work anywhere....other times the talent can only work in a certain system or conditions. Remember Jimmy Smith before the Jags or Priest Holmes on the Ravens or Wes Welker on the Dolphins or Joe Horn as a Kansas City Chief.

Watching the first part of the game there were three things that were glaring.

1. The middle of the D-line is either easily fooled or just can't get to the runner. It's like they really need a big fat space-eating lineman even if the scheme doesn't call for it. Maybe Minter? Something has to change there. Also Webb is one the worst contending NFL CBs I have ever seen. He blitzed unblocked into an empty backfield past the QB and just stood there.

2. The non-defense issues are killing the team. Fumbled handoff was a Ravens TD and the kickoff return led to the other Ravens score. That's 14 points that the defense didn't have anything to do with really, except the tackling. But the offense was not helping - the playcalling is stupid. A screen pass at your own 5 yard line is asking for a pick 6, the running plays have great blocking but the RBs seem to run into their blockers. Randle is slow. There is no reason that there should be 3rd and 10, ever. How is it possible that no WRs were open on several plays and the QB were either throwing into coverage or getting slammed?

3. Overall there is very little quickness on the defense. Not quick to the gaps, not quick to ball, and no closing speed.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's a big question. IMO, sometimes the talent can work anywhere....other times the talent can only work in a certain system or conditions.
And sometimes, it just doesn't want to work. It just wants to bang on a drum all day.

Reaction score
Just watched Wilcox hit on Ray Rice. Not ready to award Wilcox the starting role of FS bc I don't think he can handle all assignments....but there is no doubt Wilcox can hit. Special teams needs an ace like that.

Top Bottom