superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Obama ahead in Ohio

Screen-Shot-2012-10-31-at-10.09.49-PM.jpg

I read somewhere the other day that Obama needs just one of Ohio, VA or FL to hit 270, basically. Romney would need to win all three.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I read somewhere the other day that Obama needs just one of Ohio, VA or FL to hit 270, basically. Romney would need to win all three.
It does appear that way.

Maybe they will tie and congress will pick the president. Then wont you be upset?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And maybe I'll get eaten by a unicorn the next time I paddle out. Imagination is fun.

Reaction score
I think it's a pretty safe assumption that Obama will win. Which will be a sad day for America.

Then again, it'd be a sad day for America if Romney won as well.

Basically, it's just a sad day that the country is forced to choose between two giant incompetent assholes who have no real interest in the American people to be our leader.

I'd start a revolution if I wasn't so god damned apathetic.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Obama actually a pretty good president who has shown at least some care for the little guy.

Basically there are just degrees of bad. If your contention is that they all suck, you have to vote for the guy who sucks less. That way the next time the other party fields a candidate, they are forced to find someone who sucks even less, then it's an arms race between the parties to find the least sucky most-electable candidate - and of course the hope is that eventually if enough people keep voting for the best option we get better and better options that represent our interests as best they can.

IOW vote Obama Virginia dweller.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I'd start a revolution if I wasn't so god damned apathetic.

Ole america has a shit load of built up equity, but we will burn through it some day. For now there is to much shit to burn down with revolution, and it so rarely builds anything just takes a shot at whipeing things clean.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Obama actually a pretty good president who has shown at least some care for the little guy.
I hate this shit.

Say it enough and it will be true. The guy has done nothing but pay lip service and perpetuate their situation.

Reaction score

I believe in smaller government. I don't need the government to take care of me. I want the government to get out of the way. Provide only the essentials, like a countries infrastructure and national defense.

I believe Obama stands in stark contrast to that.

No, I'm not going to get into a long winded discussion with you on this. And please note that I likely won't even vote this time around. Well, that's not true.... I do have an interest in some of the state level officials. But as far as the presidency... meh.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hate this shit.

Say it enough and it will be true. The guy has done nothing but pay lip service and perpetuate their situation.

And all Romney has done is lie his ass off and promise to protect people who don't need protecting.

Either way I'm voting for the best candidate (Obama) in lieu of the perfect candidate who doesn't exist.

Reaction score
So the answer is, let's create more poor people and then give them food stamps!!! brilliant

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Basically there are just degrees of bad. If your contention is that they all suck, you have to vote for the guy who sucks less. That way the next time the other party fields a candidate, they are forced to find someone who sucks even less, then it's an arms race between the parties to find the least sucky most-electable candidate - and of course the hope is that eventually if enough people keep voting for the best option we get better and better options that represent our interests as best they can.

IOW vote Obama Virginia dweller.

I don't see how you think Obama cares for the little guy. About the onlyt hing he has pushed has been the mortgage refinance thing.

OTOH:

1) Been worse than Bush in terms of erosion of civil liberties like kill lists and invasions of privacy
2) Done absolutely nothing in terms of consumer protection most notably in banking
3) Specifically with banking done nothing to reregulate derivatives or sequester forms of investment banking or return reserve levels to their pre-Gramm Act levels.
4) Done nothing to help small business. During all of those bailouts and stimulus packages I had two friends that were small business owners. One had to let go both of his employees and runs the shop 10 hours a day himself. The other had to shut down. they both kept waiting for some sort of loan program or the like to just tread water and nothing ever came. But hey he did buy people that already had disposable income the ability to buy new cars!

Obama was paid for by corporate interests and sees to them. The Dodd-Frank reregulation committees that were set up Obama filled up with Citibank lobbyists and the like. Really other than the mortgage refinance thing what has he done for the little guy?

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Obama is creating jobs so we can care for the poor people we have.

That is the exact opposite of what he is doing. He can't find any shovel ready jobs that will build our infrastructure and allow us to grow jobs

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Companies added jobs in October at the fastest pace in eight months, a sign of modest healing in the labor market just days before a presidential election that could hinge on the economy.

Other data on Thursday showed a sharp improvement in consumer confidence and a drop in new claims for jobless benefits, while there were mixed signals regarding the health of U.S. manufacturing.

Private employers added 158,000 workers last month, the biggest gain since February, payrolls processor Automatic Data Processing said.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jobless-claims-fall-nj-dc-123315736.html

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't see how you think Obama cares for the little guy. About the onlyt hing he has pushed has been the mortgage refinance thing.

OTOH:

1) Been worse than Bush in terms of erosion of civil liberties like kill lists and invasions of privacy
2) Done absolutely nothing in terms of consumer protection most notably in banking
3) Specifically with banking done nothing to reregulate derivatives or sequester forms of investment banking or return reserve levels to their pre-Gramm Act levels.
4) Done nothing to help small business. During all of those bailouts and stimulus packages I had two friends that were small business owners. One had to let go both of his employees and runs the shop 10 hours a day himself. The other had to shut down. they both kept waiting for some sort of loan program or the like to just tread water and nothing ever came. But hey he did buy people that already had disposable income the ability to buy new cars!

Obama was paid for by corporate interests and sees to them. The Dodd-Frank reregulation committees that were set up Obama filled up with Citibank lobbyists and the like. Really other than the mortgage refinance thing what has he done for the little guy?

health care reform, wall street reform (Dodd Frank) Consumer protection act etc....again these aren't all total measures and imo don't go far enough but they are at least a start - impressive to get them through when you have a congress that is fighting you at every step and has made it known that their focus in legislating is not to legislate good policy for the American people but to try and make sure that Obama is a one-term president.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That is the exact opposite of what he is doing. He can't find any shovel ready jobs that will build our infrastructure and allow us to grow jobs

except for all the shovel ready jobs that are already going on. Take a look at some highway construction signs once in a while paid for by the stimulus.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
health care reform, wall street reform (Dodd Frank) Consumer protection act etc....again these aren't all total measures and imo don't go far enough but they are at least a start - impressive to get them through when you have a congress that is fighting you at every step and has made it known that their focus in legislating is not to legislate good policy for the American people but to try and make sure that Obama is a one-term president.

You mean the ACA which mandates customers to the insurance industry while doing nothing to regulate their rates?

As I pointed out he filled the Dodd Frank committees with his banking contributors at his own prerogative.

i will give you the congressional GOP is the biggest group of fuckwads since the GOP of the 1920s and 30s but with Obama the small guy is way way down the list.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The ACA is the best we could manage at the time. Any talk of a single payer system was shot down over and over again and was so demonized that it would never make it through. Same as the stimulus, neither bill went far enough - but the narrative on them was so distorted by the GOP that getting full measures passed was hopeless. It's my hope that the ACA is merely step 1 on the road to a single payer system.

Like I already said these are half measures but they are things that look out for average citizens and notably they are things Mitt wants to get rid of. There is also the fair pay act, the american jobs act. Continued funding for planned parenthood. None of this is to say Obama is a champion of the people but in context of our discussion he is more of a champion that Mitt has shown any intention of being.

Top Bottom