Cythim

Reaction score
Your OP makes it appear you didnt even know it (ability to see NP's and PA's) existed.

That is because you are too stupid to read between the lines. There are 83k PAs across the US in 2010 compared to 2.7 million RNs and 691k physicians/surgeons. Most of those PAs work under a physician, there are very few that have their own practice.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That is because you are too stupid to read between the lines. There are 83k PAs across the US in 2010 compared to 2.7 million RNs and 691k physicians/surgeons. Most of those PAs work under a physician, there are very few that have their own practice.

Just because they "work" under a physician doesnt mean they arnt doing all the work...

Again, your OP made it look like you werent aware it existed, which wouldnt surprise me considering your posting history your continued man love for BO

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Just because they "work" under a physician doesnt mean they arnt doing all the work...

Again, your OP made it look like you werent aware it existed, which wouldnt surprise me considering your posting history your continued man love for BO

Them doing all the work is irrelevant because they still have to work under a doctor.

If their powers were expanded they could branch out into smaller communities and work independently, increasing access to healthcare.

Take small group of PAs out from under the doctor and they could start their own little setup.

Of course, this would have to be limited in practice, IMO. I wouldn't just give them free reign to do whatever they wanted but they should be able to treat common infections and maintenance medications without having to get a stamp of approval on every order.

Anyway, only reason I brought this thread back was I saw it on Politifact.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...wmaker-jeff-duncan-repeats-survey-finding-83/

Respondents weren’t given much of a middle ground. The choices for answering this question were "makes me think about quitting," "I’m re-energized" and "unsure/no opinion."

Because the response rate was only 4.3 percent, it’s hard to gauge how representative the survey was.

Duncan said "83% of doctors have considered leaving the profession because of #Obamacare." But that's an inaccurate description of the foundation’s poll.

The poll did not specifically ask about the federal health care law and was meant to measure concerns about a wide range of changes in health care. Also, it's worth noting that the poll had a small return rate and the group that conducted it is opposed to the law. We rate the claim False.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Way to totally show how bullshit of a article was posted by the OP.

and surprise, surprise no response.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I heard everyone is quitting everything if obama wins.

just going to live off humans after smoking bath salts.

Top Bottom