Reaction score
Haloti Ngata as JR = 61 TKL, 9.0 TFL, 3.0 Sacks • BJ Raji as JR = 23 TKL, 8.5 TFL, 3 Sacks • Dontari Poe as JR = 33 Tackles, 8.0 TFL, 1 Sack

Bad tape doesnt get you drafted top 15. Remember the Idiots last year that thought b/c Tyron was ripped that he must just be a workout warrior?

Poe doesn't look as good as some of the others but let's not make it look like he was on ice skates like igor .

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Haloti Ngata as JR = 61 TKL, 9.0 TFL, 3.0 Sacks • BJ Raji as JR = 23 TKL, 8.5 TFL, 3 Sacks • Dontari Poe as JR = 33 Tackles, 8.0 TFL, 1 Sack

Bad tape doesnt get you drafted top 15. Remember the Idiots last year that thought b/c Tyron was ripped that he must just be a workout warrior?

Poe doesn't look as good as some of the others but let's not make it look like he was on ice skates like igor .

Poe was double teamed and triple teamed a lot. I'd love it if he had more stats to justify a top 15 selection but I think his lack of production is due to a lack of help.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I see you left off Barron

In the Cowboys minds Barron could easily in be in that group of players.

I just see him more as a 20 to 25 player but that is my personal take. Cowboys could love him for all I know.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Those guys played in football conferences and aside from that Ngata was recovering from a ACL injury the year prior wasn't he?

Not to mention he blocked like 7 kicks at Oregon.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Poe was double teamed and triple teamed a lot. I'd love it if he had more stats to justify a top 15 selection but I think his lack of production is due to a lack of help.

He had his fair share of one-on-one matchups.

I think a lot of people assume he was double and triple teamed but I doubt he received any more attention than a decent DL would.

[video=youtube;AZxD_uV5kyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZxD_uV5kyk[/video]

Count the number of times he goes 1-on-1 and just gets handled with ease. Then count the number of triple teams.

I wish there was more video on him so I would see if this is his norm. If it is, no way he should be a 1st rounder. He looks like he has no clue how to use his best assets. There are only a couple of plays where he does something that you would expect a guy of his size and strength to be able to do on a consistent basis.

He played in a terrible conference. His athleticism alone should have made him stick out from the rest of the players on the field.

The only hope anyone can have for him is that he's never actually received decent coaching.

Reaction score
Hes very mild-mannered. Taking him at 14 would be a leap of faith that you can coach him up. Because there are times where he just plods ahead with no leverage and hand fighting. Sometimes he gets there on sheer size/strength. Other times he runs past the play.

Cox was much better in pursuit and in shed + locate.

If you need a NT beef up Spears a bit. He's already about 6'4" 310

Rat-spears-cox

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Thats my though on him as well. When you are as bad a team as Memphis was and he was the only player on their defense that could do anything, it isnt hard for opposing offensive coaches to gameplan around that.

He isnt my first choice for us at 14, but I wont be throwing a shit fit if we take him either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He had his fair share of one-on-one matchups.

I think a lot of people assume he was double and triple teamed but I doubt he received any more attention than a decent DL would.

[video=youtube;AZxD_uV5kyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZxD_uV5kyk[/video]

Count the number of times he goes 1-on-1 and just gets handled with ease. Then count the number of triple teams.

I wish there was more video on him so I would see if this is his norm. If it is, no way he should be a 1st rounder. He looks like he has no clue how to use his best assets. There are only a couple of plays where he does something that you would expect a guy of his size and strength to be able to do on a consistent basis.

He played in a terrible conference. His athleticism alone should have made him stick out from the rest of the players on the field.

The only hope anyone can have for him is that he's never actually received decent coaching.

You've been on a crusade against this guy for awhile. I dont think he is anywhere near a finished product, but you also have to take into account how bad his team was (especially defensively) in addition to the lack of quality coaching.

Again, not my first choice but I dont think he'll be a horrible pick either.

Reaction score
im callin smokescreen on this shit...we dont want this guy..theres no way..we are praying somebody in front of us takes him

I agree on the smokescreen.

Isn't Poe the same guy Jerry was gushing about to the media a week or so ago?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Who knows who Jerry/Ciskowski/Garrett likes most right now but I think we are in the mix for:

in no particular order
Ingram
Coples
Poe
Cox
Brockers
Kirkpatrick
Perry
and maybe DeCastro

I'm sure the staff has a feeling about "our guy" but the value is pretty similar in the 11 to 20 range. I think a trade down scenario is highly likely this year.

Unless we really leak out the info and show our hand (again) this will be an interesting and nerve wracking draft waiting for that 14th pick this year.

I agree. I don't think we stay at 14. If we can find a trade partner at around 18-20, I think we drop back and take Cox. Jerry really wants him some Cox.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I think we trade back and take Poe. Like it or not, Jerry isn't very good at smokescreens, and generally broadcasts our wants way before draft "week". Remember the white board? Yeah, me too.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I think we trade back and take Poe. Like it or not, Jerry isn't very good at smokescreens, and generally broadcasts our wants way before draft "week". Remember the white board? Yeah, me too.

theebs invented the whiteboard and it had nothing to do with what you're saying?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Technically, yes. I remember the hoopla about a picture theebs took of the white board but turned out it wasn't what everyone thought it was. theebs just like walked away from his computer to take a dump and everyone blew it out of proportion forwarding it to Werder and whatnot but then theebs came back all refreshed from his poop and told all the retards what was up but by then it was too late.

I don't remember the specifics but that's pretty close.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I don't remember the specifics of it. I just remember all the photoshops that came from it, with the poodle staring up at Jerry longingly and so forth.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Bob Sturm or whoever said his motor ran kind of hot and cold. I think that's the biggest issue with Poe. Doesn't seem like he's fully committed to the game. He may be, it's just the vibe scouts are getting and which is a valid concern to have. Of course you want to draft a player with great measurables in the top 10-15, but you also want him to turn into an All-Pro in 3 years. Ideally. Only those players who put in the time and effort, and even go above and beyond that, end up realizing that dream. This isn't like being Randy Moss where you can overcome the opposition with sheer athleticism, beat your guy, and noone has you covered for 20-30 yards. We're talking about a DT in the trash. There is always going to be someone else to get on you if your motor isn't running 110%.

That's why the scouts all love Fletcher Cox. His motor is firing 110% every play. And he has the blue-chip measurables to go along with that.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bob Sturm or whoever said his motor ran kind of hot and cold. I think that's the biggest issue with Poe. Doesn't seem like he's fully committed to the game. He may be, it's just the vibe scouts are getting.

That's why they all love Fletcher Cox. His motor is firing 110% every play.

Fletcher is a good player. He explodes and just blows by people, his technique is non-existent. Can defintely be coached up but that's how I feel about Poe as well.

Top Bottom