cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wish they'd have a players only flight to Tampa. Leave Garrett home.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wish they'd have a players only flight to Tampa. Leave Garrett home.

Garrett couldn't motivate a flea to bite a dogs ass right now. This has to go down as one of the worst coaching jobs ever.

Team has looked flat as a pancake since the start of preseason. No way in hell a team with this kind of talent should lsoe 6 straight games, Romo or no Romo.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He'll end up with the Redskins to plague us for many years. Either that or the Eagles. FUCK YOU JERRY!

Colts, all day baby, book it

Jerry the dipshit would never hire him and if by some miracle he did, he'd undermine his ass to the point you would never remember he had been successful elsewhere, we're SO fucked

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not real high on Sean Payton. How long does he plan on letting Rob Ryan shit all over his defense?

Reaction score
Payton is an offensive genius. He'd do well with Romo and he's the only top coach who our fucking clown GM might consider. Or else it'll be Norv.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm not real high on Sean Payton. How long does he plan on letting Rob Ryan shit all over his defense?
I'm not all that sure how much say he's got in his staff personnel.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm not all that sure how much say he's got in his staff personnel.

He'll drag Campo out of the closet and make him his DC.
Hiring Payton would breathe a lot of optimism in to this dismal display of football. Regardless of his role in it, we can only hope Jones is as angry as he looked leaving his booth the other night and makes a change.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He'll drag Campo out of the closet and make him his DC.
Hiring Payton would breathe a lot of optimism in to this dismal display of football. Regardless of his role in it, we can only hope Jones is as angry as he looked leaving his booth the other night and makes a change.
I was talking about his current situation, how much staff personnel control he has vs. the GM of that current team. One thing about Jerruh over the years, more or less he's kept out of staff hiring/firing decisions.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One thing about Jerruh over the years, more or less he's kept out of staff hiring/firing decisions.

Whatttt???

No. He has saddled every coach he's hired since Jimmy with assistants.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Seriously, just hiring assistants willy nilly without the HC approval? Firing them too?

I think he hired Garrett as OC before Wade was officially hired. He had to do it though if he wanted him, because the Dolphins only granted permission for the Cowboys to interview Garrett as OC/playcaller or HC (and IIRC, they only had a limited timeframe to actually do it).

In the case of Zimmer, Parcells had originally said he was going to hire all new assistants, then agreed to at least talk to Zimmer after Jerry begged Parcells to keep him. Parcells later claimed Jerry never said he HAD to keep Zimmer, but Parcells had been a 3-4 coach all his life and Zimmer had no experience in it. Keeping him made no sense. Two years later Parcells forced the switch to the 3-4 and basically said anyone who didn't like it could leave (he was talking to Zimmer)

The only coach after Jimmy that Jerry really had no say in assistant coaches with was Switzer, but it wasn't because Switzer was in charge. It was only because Jones and everyone else knew the Cowboys had a loaded assistant staff and there was no reason to change anything.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
One thing about Jerruh over the years, more or less he's kept out of staff hiring/firing decisions.

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought Parcells was onboard with retaining Zimmer?

He had no intention of keeping him until Jones begged him to "talk" to him.

Again it was one of the most head scratching decisions he made. He wasn't a 4-3 coach and Zimmer wasn't a 3-4 coach. Once he did force the switch to the 3-4 he made a pointed comment about doing it and that anybody who didn't like it could walk. he was obviously talking about Zimmer.

He kept Zimmer because Jones wanted him too, badly.

Top Bottom