Reaction score
It would fly in the face of that whole RKG thing we are constantly told.

Besides, I don't see how he'd fit here. He's a big, lumbering receiver who doesn't have legs anymore.

buckup

Reaction score

Besides, I don't see how he'd fit here. He's a big, lumbering receiver who doesn't have legs anymore.

So you think Jerry's going to make the right call on this one?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just don't think he has anything left.

He'd fit what we want to do with Austin in the slot needing another outside guy, but all he can do is run 9s and get open in the end zone.

Kind of like Laurent Robinson I guess...

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

And one of them has a bullethole in it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'd go for it on a 1 year deal. Austin is probably going to miss significant time, Dez could slap a bitch at any moment.

Not my first choice, but I'd be okay with it.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd rather have Mike Williams (non USC homering) than Plaxico, assuming Big Mike is in shape. He's 6 years younger and doesn't have the the legal history and bad lockerroom influence issues.

Before either of them, I'd want a quicker, slot receiver who could possibly help the return game.

Reaction score
Plaxico vows to be dominant again

Posted by Mike Florio on August 10, 2012, 2:22 PM EDT

The pool of out-of-work-veteran-receivers-with-impressive-careers is down to, well, one.

Plaxico Burress still doesn’t have a job. And he recently told KILT in Houston that, once he gets one, he’ll be even better than he was in 2011, when he scored eight touchdowns for the Jets.

“[F]or me to go out and do some of the things I was able to do last year, being away from the game for two years, I kind of thought that was enough to set myself up leading up to this year, to have an even better year,” Burress said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “The crazy thing about it is nobody’s even see me or seen the kind of shape that I’m in. I just want to get out on the football field and get back to dominating my position and everybody’s just going to go, ‘Wow.’”

Burress, who disputed a report that he owes nearly $60,000 in taxes, said he “would die to be” a member of the Texans, who currently have only two receivers with NFL regular-season experience.

The former Steeler, Giant, and Jet admits that his past could be keeping him out of work. “I was young at one time,” Burress said. “I’ve made some mistakes. Like I’ve been saying, I’ve made some mistakes in my life and I’ve moved on from them and I wish that everybody would, also. I’ve put those things behind me and I’m just focused on being a better person and moving forward in life. . . . If I don’t play football, let it be because I can’t perform physically, not because of what my past has been or what somebody has said.”

He has a pretty good point. While teams are always concerned about the influence a veteran receiver with a history of being late and otherwise doing whatever he wants to do would set a bad example for young players, putting him on a short leash at a time when unemployment has left him humble has no real downside. So if guys like Randy Moss and Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens can get a job, why shouldn’t Plaxico get a chance, too?

Especially since he’s the only member of that quartet to have earned a Super Bowl ring.

Reaction score
One thing I'll say about Plax is, he's scum.

I know one of his former teachers from when he went to high school at Green Run HS in Virginia Beach. She says he was a punk then.

Years ago he and his posse ended up getting into a huge brawl with the bouncers at one of the shit ocean front clubs (that's since closed down). His brother was arrested. For some reason, Plax was not.

And for years his brother used to call into local sports talk radio and would always identify him as Plax's brother and tried to act like a celebrity. Of course, the hosts of the show didn't help because they essentially treated him like a big deal. But he always came off as really, really ignorant.

Add him being a former Steeler, Giant, and blindsiding Jenkins last year, and I kind of hope he ends up living under a bridge before too long.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah this guy is still unemployed while TO, Braylon Edwards, Chad Johnson and Moss have jobs. Maybe not so good.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon
Source says Cowboys have had "very preliminary" talks with Plaxico Burress' rep. @calvinwatkins will have story up soon.

Top Bottom