C

Cr122

Pittsburgh unsure about ex-Cowboy Flozell Adams
Posted at 10:38 AM on Fri., Aug. 20, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

As the Dallas Cowboys deal with injured to starting offensive linemen, one item becomes apparent.
They would not have been better off keeping veteran tackle Flozell Adams.

Cut by the Cowboys during the off-season, Adams surfaced with Pittsburgh as a replacement for the injured Willie Colon at right tackle. Adams did not play well in the exhibition opener. He gave up one sack, and the Steelers gained one yard on five runs with him in the gaem.

For Saturday night's second exhibition, against the New York Giants , the Giants will alternate by series Adams and Jonathan Scott , of Carter High School and the Texas Longhorns, at right tackle.

"Everybody with a helmet on is in the mix," coach Mike Tomlin told reporters in explaining the situation at right tackle. "We just want to see Jonathan Scott."

sbk92

Reaction score
I said when the move was made that even if Free isn't a good starting LT, will he be better than what Adams would give you this year?

I'm thinking yes. So I'm okay with that. Althought I would have kept Adams as depth this year. You can't tell me he's not a better option than a couple of inexperienced stiffs like Brewster and Young.

Where I really differ is I view it as a stopgap move. The Cowboys seem to view it as the LT of the future.

Reaction score
I'm thinking yes. So I'm okay with that. Althought I would have kept Adams as depth this year. You can't tell me he's not a better option than a couple of inexperienced stiffs like Brewster and Young.

He'd be better than Brewster and Young, but not Barron.

And Barron doesn't carry the what, 9 mil price tag.

Top Bottom