dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pick your three favorites for our 27th pick (assuming they stay there) and why.

Mine:

1) RB Todd Gurley UGA: Yes I'm homering for UGA here but he if not for ACL he is an obvious top 10 talent. One of the dominant players in college football last 3 yrs. No holes in his game. Runs with speed and power, has excellent hands and is also an explosive kickoff returner. Even though he wont be 100% to start season and may have to begin on PUP, he'd be well worth the 1st rd pick now and down the road.

2) Tie Eddie Goldman DT FSU/Malcom Brown DT Texas: Would be fine with either at 27. Either probably walks in and starts next to Tyrone Crawford. Both are physical and have explosive upfield ability. With time either would probably command a double team and make Crawford, Hardy and Lawrence all the more effective as pass rushers.

3) Benardrick McKinney MLB Miss State: He's obviously on our hit list, coming in for a visit. Doesn't look like there's any chance McClain is back and it seems they are determined to move Lee to WOLB. McKinney would be a day one starter and along with Hitchens and Lee give us a very solid trio at LB.

Obvious CB is a strong potential here as well.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What's our draft order? I know in the first we have the #27 pick... then in the 2nd round, what? And so forth...

Reaction score
On my phone so not gonna give paragraphs as to why

1. Todd Gurley
1a. Preston Smith Jr
1b. Mario Edwards Jr

The actual order I want each player varies from day to day. But I'd happily take either of them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Preston Smith is definitely interesting. Serves as insurance against Hardy being gone long term or if they choose not to resign him, he's ready to take over FT at LDE in 2016.

Also has ability to slide inside to DT on passing downs, meaning we could get Lawrence, Hardy, Crawford and Smith all on the field at once.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What's our draft order? I know in the first we have the #27 pick... then in the 2nd round, what? And so forth...

Looks like we are not getting any compensatory picks this yr, the official announcement will probably come after the owners meetings this weekend.

1st: 27th overall
2nd: 60th overall
3rd: 81st overall
4th: 28th pick in round (will be impacted by comp picks).
5th: 27th pick in round (same as above)
6th: None (traded to Baltimore for Rolando McClain)
7th: 19th pick in round (from San Diego for Sean Lissemore)
7th: 26th pick in round (from Baltimore, part of McClain trade)
7th: 27th pick in round (am not sure we still have this pick, I thought we traded it)

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Todd Gurley - Assuming we don't land Peterson before the draft. Gurley is a star and there is no way he'd be at 27 if it wasn't for the injury. Even if we don't see him play until halfway through the season it's worth it. He's the best RB prospect since AD. He's a faster Marshawn Lynch.

Malcom Brown - He'll probably go a few picks before 27, but if he's there, he comes in and gives us a solid tackle tandem with Tyrone Crawford. Brown is versatile enough to play 1T or 3T, but I see him as an every down 1T for us.

Shaq Thompson - My #1 guy for some time. We need talent at the LB position and Shaq is a big time playmaker.

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, 6-3 #257 UCLA

Benardrick McKinney, ILB, 6 - 4 #250 Miss State

Eddie Goldman, DT, 6- 4 #330 FSU

Top Bottom