iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
From @AdamSchefter
Here comes more salary-cap space for Dallas: Cowboys expected to restructure contract of OT Doug Free.

Reaction score
Holy sweet Jesus shit on a stick please let this be a fucking false report. Mother fuck.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Middy's right about all this restructuring. Other teams cut turds like this loose; we do financial gymnastics to keep them.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry hinted he could be a backup because of his ability to play left tackle, which sounds like something a coach told him.

So I guess free is staying as the backup swing guy?

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm sure he'll compete with Parnell and the loser is the swing

Not a huge fan but maybe there will be competition in camp. I'm not sure how the team will react to that. Hasn't happened for awhile

Iamtdg

Reaction score
We better take his ass down to vet minimum if we are keeping him as a damn backup. There is absolutely no way even dbair to rationalize this shit as smart.

Reaction score
We better take his ass down to vet minimum if we are keeping him as a damn backup. There is absolutely no way even dbair to rationalize this shit as smart.

It doesn't matter what we take him down to. We'd just guarantee whatever was left over.

The Giants just got David Diehl to take a paycut. You think that'll happen with Free?

shhhhhheeeeaaaattttttt

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
OL and Safety play.. this Front Office wouldn't recognize competent play at either position if Ronnie Lott and Anthony Munoz busted down their door and tackled them.

Doug Free, Mackenzy Bernadeau, and Phil Costa all got extended/restructured this off-season. Damn we suck.

Reaction score
@Jimmy_Beast We're deep in the fires already. Could get worse in 14/15. RT @ES_Oldskool So when will (the Cowboys') cap hell year hit? 2015 or 2016?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You guys are fucking idiots sometimes:

Cowboys RT Doug Free will restructure his contract.
In this case, the "restructuring" will be a straight pay-cut, and a significant one. Free is one of the most overpaid players in the league at his current $7 million salary. Free will have to fight with Jermey Parnell for a starting job in camp. He could also be shifted inside to guard. Mar 27 - 1:35 PM

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Time to bump all mid's old bitching about how other teams cut or make their overpaid players take pay cuts but we...

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Fucking called it.

My apologies if true. I'd love to see Free get a straight pay cut. Just can't remember the last time Jerry did this. It's usually restructure with more up front money or the player is released.

Top Bottom