Reaction score
@richiewhitt
#Cowboys' C Phil Costa had MRI on his back Thursday. Negative, no structural damage. But I'm hearing he's out for Seattle. Ryan Cook in.

KalEl

Reaction score
So who made the line calls Wednesday night? One of the guards?

I'm rewatching the game right now, and it actually looks like Cook was in fact making the line calls. The dude has one hell of a farmer's tan.

I'm of the opinion that this might be a blessing in disguise.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Who knows how he'll play going forward, but Wednesday night was the best Center play we've had, IMO, since Andre Guroude played well.

He was outstanding, even when they were lining JPP up inside trying to take advantage of him.

Only one bad snap that I can remember, and it wasn't even that bad.

Reaction score
I'm rewatching the game right now, and it actually looks like Cook was in fact making the line calls. The dude has one hell of a farmer's tan.

I'm of the opinion that this might be a blessing in disguise.

If Cook made the line calls in addition to everything else, this is an even more remarkable story.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cook played above his head, that's for sure. I'm not sure if I expect him to hold up that well week in and week out, but I think it's possible.

My concern is, the way this team has operated for so many years, as soon as Costa is healthy, I feel like they'll give him the job back no matter how good a job Cook did on Wednesday, and hopefully against Seattle +.

KalEl

Reaction score
Cook played above his head, that's for sure. I'm not sure if I expect him to hold up that well week in and week out, but I think it's possible.

My concern is, the way this team has operated for so many years, as soon as Costa is healthy, I feel like they'll give him the job back no matter how good a job Cook did on Wednesday, and hopefully against Seattle +.

Jerry talked about Cook possibly becoming a starter when we made the trade for him and Garrett was reluctant to say anything definitive about there being a competition at center, so it's entirely possible Cook has a chance to keep the job. If there wasn't, I'd imagine Jason would have said pretty solidly that Costa remains the starter, and he didn't.

From what I've read, Costa is the superior run blocker while Cook is an far more excellent pass protector. I'll take the latter.

Reaction score
From what I've read, Costa is the superior run blocker while Cook is an far more excellent pass protector. I'll take the latter.

Especially when you consider 20% of our runs come from delayed draws anyway.

Top Bottom