C

Cr122

Pat Watkins frustrated by knee injury, will be "full throttle" Monday
Posted at 1:20 PM on Fri., Aug. 20, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Pat Watkins knows the old football axiom: You can't make the club in the tub.

Watkins will miss his third straight preseason game because of a knee injury. He returned to practice this week on a limited basis and is wearing a brace on his left knee. He is seeing rookies Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Barry Church and Danny McCray get a lot of the work he was supposed to get.

He will remain in Oxnard for more rehab and conditioning work.

"I'll be back full throttle on Monday, and I'm looking forward to it," Watkins said. "It's been a frustrating camp for me but at the same time I've got to be smart about what I'm doing."

Watkins is one of the Cowboys' best special teams players and Wade Phillips has touted Watkins' experience as a starter on defense in the past. He will have to show what he has in the last two preseason games in order to secure that roster spot.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I like Watkins. But I'm disappointed that he hasn't seriously competed for a starting job. It's probably about time he moved on.

C

Cr122

Watkins has a tough road back, especially if AOA has a couple of good preseason games.

Barry Church and Danny McCray have played well, playing well on special teams in the past has given Watkins a chance though.

Top Bottom