Reaction score
What so weak about it?

What has Jerry done better than a guy like Ozzie Newsome?

In the draft and in free agency?

Jerry has had some good drafts, but nowhere near Ozzie Newsome.

Lets say you're in bar, and you say to your buddy . . . "Man, I really like Tony Romo, he's a quality QB."

And your buddy said . . . "He's improved, but I don't know if he's a quality QB."

You say "He wins games, throws for a lot of yards, has plenty of touchdowns, few interceptions. What else you looking for."

To which, your buddy replies "I'd take Peyton Manning any day of the week over Romo."

What would you conclude from that exchange:

A. "Man, my buddy is right! Tony Romo ISN'T a quality QB because Peyton Manning is better!"

Or

B. "That really makes no sense friend. Just because Peyton Manning is a better QB doesn't mean Tony Romo isn't a quality QB."

Think real hard, and get back to me . . .

C

Cr122

And not to mention every year Jerry ignores the offensive line in the early rounds.

What's the problem with this team? Our offensive line, if we had drafted some quality lineman we might not be in the position we are in today.

You are telling me in the 90's Jimmy Johnson didn't draft offensive lineman? We had an awesome Oline because we drafted well. Thanks to Jimmy.

You go look at Baltimore's offensive line, I'll take that line over ours any day of the fucking week. Like I said Jerry has done better but he continues to ignore the main source of the offense. And I don't want to hear about Sam Young, because that's the excuse everyone brings up when we say we didn't address the Oline.

Yeah, I was excited to get Bryant, but I was still pissed off we didn't address the the line first. It's always makeshift lines with Jerry, that's why Jason Garrett can't get the best out of this offense because the line sucks so bad.

Reaction score
And not to mention every year Jerry ignores the offensive line in the early rounds.

What's the problem with this team? Our offensive line, if we had drafted some quality lineman we might not be in the position we are in today.

You are telling me in the 90's Jimmy Johnson didn't draft offensive lineman? We had an awesome Oline because we drafted well. Thanks to Jimmy.

From 1989 to 1993, we had 64 draft picks.

These are the offensive lineman, and where they were taken:

1989: Steve Wisniewski 2nd, Mark Stepnoski 3rd
1990: No lineman taken.
1991: Erik Williams 3rd, Mike Sullivan 6th
1992: James Brown 3rd, Tom Myslinki 4th, Rod Milstead 5th
1993: Ron Stone 5th

Get off the "If it good, it Jimmy/Bill. If it bad, it Jerry!" mantra. It's not always that simple.

And . . . you really didn't address post #21 very well. You gonna tell me to "shove it" now?

C

Cr122

From 1989 to 1993, we had 64 draft picks.

These are the offensive lineman, and where they were taken:

1989: Steve Wisniewski 2nd, Mark Stepnoski 3rd
1990: No lineman taken.
1991: Erik Williams 3rd, Mike Sullivan 6th
1992: James Brown 3rd, Tom Myslinki 4th, Rod Milstead 5th
1993: Ron Stone 5th

Get off the "If it good, it Jimmy/Bill. If it bad, it Jerry!" mantra. It's not always that simple.

And . . . you really didn't address post #21 very well. You gonna tell me to "shove it" now?

Okay, well at least there was success there in some of those lineman, thanks again Jimmy.

Sounds lame I know but I don't really have time today for this shit, sorry. Busy day at work.

Reaction score
Okay, well at least there was success there in some of those lineman, thanks again Jimmy.

Sounds lame I know but I don't really have time today for this shit, sorry. Busy day at work.

facepalm.jpg

C

Cr122

Very, very bad draft for Bill and Ireland back in 2006.

There's nothing else to say about it.

I'll admit they had a bad draft that year just like the rest of them did at one time or another.

My only bitch is the offensive line never get's the attention it should.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'll admit they had a bad draft that year just like the rest of them did at one time or another.

My only bitch is the offensive line never get's the attention it should.

That's a legit gripe.

I think you'll see that change come next April. Too little, too late? Maybe. But I think you'll see it happen.

C

Cr122

That's a legit gripe.

I think you'll see that change come next April. Too little, too late? Maybe. But I think you'll see it happen.

I hope so for this teams sake. And I am also holding out hope when Colombo and Kosier get back we still do alright for this season.

But we need to seriously build around Doug Free.

Top Bottom