Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Interestingly enough PFF had them ranked 1st through 7 weeks.

Doug Free received the lowest grade with a 47 out of 100.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What were the other grades and how do our OL rank at their positions?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Interestingly enough PFF had them ranked 1st through 7 weeks.
Wow, seriously? I think they've been pretty lousy, even at Miami. At least compared to last year. What was up with Tyron giving up all those pressures? I'm thinking he has to be hurt somehow.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Sturm: "But, make no mistake, Tyron Smith and Zack Martin had some very difficult days on Sunday and need to bounce back quickly. I realize it is all competition-dependent, but when you are touted as the best in the league, you bar is going to be very high."

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I actually thought Martin held his own against Suh. Run game was solid but it was the pass protection, particularly the tackles, that worried me. Didn't expect a Miami D without Wake to get so much pressure.

And for all the talk about Tryon Smith being so great in camp he's been having an off year IMO. Maybe my expectations were a little too high coming into the season tho.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I view left tackles the same way I do a shutdown corner. Every week they are going against arguably the opponents best athlete on that side of the ball. They can do their job/win their assignment on like 80 percent of the plays and we will all focus on the times they got beat.

I came away from the Martin/Suh match-up thinking both of them were going at each other the whole game and I would guess both have a healthy respect for each other now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think the OL has been as good as last yr, but some of that is definitely due to the QB situation and the Dez injury as well. Its impacted how teams could defense us for sure.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't think the OL has been as good as last yr, but some of that is definitely due to the QB situation and the Dez injury as well. Its impacted how teams could defense us for sure.

And no in game adjustments from Callahan probably affects this some too.

Top Bottom