stsinaz

Spectator
Reaction score
This is what I believe will happen.

Don't panic. We were 12 and 4 last year with romo and we added alot
Of pieces this year minus,dmurray and some ancillary parts.
We will reload with Hardy and Ro Mac. We are either going to pick Elliot, Hargreaves, Bosa, or Tunsil. I think it will be Elliot. So RB will be good. We will draft someone in the first three rounds at QB unless,we,trade fur Manziel or get RG3 and Moore is the real deal. Free wont be cut until we know Green is the real deal. Mo clai is gone and so is Wilcox. Carr too IF we can draft at least a nickel guy and sign a starter. We will pickup a big money free agent like Berry or Waddle. We are not as bad as our record. Jerry is going to add one of everything in the offseason. We will reload and if we can keep romo healthy we will compete for a superbowl. I think wilcox and church lost us,at least three games this year. Cassel lost the rest of them. We HAVE to bring back Hardy at our price though. If you saw how many things he did on that line this year you would agree. Our sacks and pressures have doubled since he has been in there. He does all the dirty work to open things up for dlaw to get 7 sacks..first tcraw to get 5 sacks. They had basically nothing before he got there. Gotta get him in there. Once wilcox carr and holding mo clai are gone and the front 7 gets better, our D will be top 5.

Basically we are not a team that is as bad as a top 5 picking team once Romo is healthy. Don't forget that. The sky is not falling. Bad year obviously but I think we will not only have one qb that can play if tony goes down but two of them.

Reaction score
There is optimism with a system change for the offense and focusing on the developing current talent. There is tremendous optimism with changing over the defensive secondary. Wilcox has been responsible for a couple of blunders, not the least of which is his total lack of understanding of coverage schemes leading to big gains by opponents and Scandrick was injured for this whole year from a Wilcox blunder.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Welcome, stainazz. You're not actually buying anything you wrote there, are ya? You actually believe last year's 12-4 meant something other than the same occasional winning season we've been seeing in the last 20 miserable mediocre years?

Meanwhile the better run teams keep winning every year, not just the occasional fluke season.

There will be no rational hope for Dallas success until some good time after Jerry Jones finally croaks.

If 20 years of abject mediocrity hasn't taught you this I am unsure what could.

Reaction score
I don't think we're a very good team. We go as Romo goes... who will be 36 years old and having suffered a number of catastrophic injuries lately.

If he's healthy and plays a full season, then yeah we can be a 10 win team. If not, we're what we are... a 5-11 team.

I'm trying to not turn this into another Garrett rant.

Reaction score
That said, I can be optimistic about the offensive line, Byron Jones, Dez Bryant, and a few other pieces.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That said, I can be optimistic about the offensive line, Byron Jones, Dez Bryant, and a few other pieces.

But that's always been the deal, there's always been some lettuce, cheese and mayo, on the shit sandwich. It's still a shit sandwich, still a pig no matter how much lipstick they put on it.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. True, we are not as bad as our record indicates. We lost a lot of close games this year. But the question that I have is, "Are we on our way up or down?".

Reaction score
I don't know what to think. True, we are not as bad as our record indicates. We lost a lot of close games this year. But the question that I have is, "Are we on our way up or down?".

Likewise, we won all the close games last year. And like last year, we weren't as good as our record indicated.

Give us a healthy team, weak schedule, and MVP performances from some players and we can get to the divisional round. But thats as good as this coaching staff and front office can get this team.

Otherwise, we're a 8-8 team.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't give a fuck about the future of this team so long as Garrett is the HC.

He's not going anywhere. We would have heard something by now. Some rumblings.

The WORST HC IN THE LEAGUE, just so happens to be the safest and have the most assured job security. He doesn't even have the look that he knows his job is in jeopardy, because it isn't and he knows it.

stsinaz

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't give a fuck about the future of this team so long as Garrett is the HC.

He's not going anywhere. We would have heard something by now. Some rumblings.

The WORST HC IN THE LEAGUE, just so happens to be the safest and have the most assured job security. He doesn't even have the look that he knows his job is in jeopardy, because it isn't and he knows it.

Yes Garrett needs help but you guys are cracking me up. In 7 of the games with a backup we were right there at the end and lossed. Are you telling me the 12 and 4 romo couldn't have been the difference in winning those games and that we wouldn't be 12 and 4 at the end of this season? R u serious? If you say that you don't know football.

Reaction score
You're being awfully presumptuous.

Romo looked like shit in basically every game he played this year, even before the injury.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In 7 of the games with a backup we were right there at the end and lossed.
Clearly you're a victim of believing close scores mean we're "right there." But what we have seen this year is teams just playing rope a dope then getting what they need - whatever it is - against this idiot defense led by the Legion of Boobs. Teams know we can't do jack offensively so they can play ultra conservative and safe on offense. That's why we aren't getting the turnovers. That's also one of the big reasons we cant get anyone off the damn field.
If you say that you don't know football
Says the cheerleader Homer who clearly thinks this is in any way a good team. It's delusional.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Likewise, we won all the close games last year. And like last year, we weren't as good as our record indicated.

Give us a healthy team, weak schedule, and MVP performances from some players and we can get to the divisional round. But thats as good as this coaching staff and front office can get this team.

Otherwise, we're a 8-8 team.

We're an 8-8- team with this 8-8 HC.

Give us a real HC and the results will be infinitely better.

There's absolutely no question Garrett is the biggest handicap we have here.

This team should have been able to win 9 or 10 games without Romo. Garrett coached them down to being able to win only one fucking time.

Top Bottom