MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You could tell towards the end of the season that he and Dak finally started to get on the same page. With a full off season together with Dak as the starting QB and no Romo I think we will see the Dez we saw before his foot injury.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yea but only about $5 mil right? I know Tony can restructure his contract to make a trade work but how does that effect the Cowboys cap? I could be wrong but I thought they would take the $19.5 mil cap hit either way.

$24.5M if he stays, $19.5M if he is released, traded, or retires, thus the $5M gained.

The real savings is in 2018, unless he is designated a June 1st cut. That pushes some of his money into 2018.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You could tell towards the end of the season that he and Dak finally started to get on the same page. With a full off season together with Dak as the starting QB and no Romo I think we will see the Dez we saw before his foot injury.

I'm not knocking against that. You make a great point. I'm just concerned about his inability to learn other ways to become an elite receiver is not there such as route running. How much longer will he really be able to D-BO players any longer.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I keep Dez. Dez is elite. He has his issues, but so do pretty much all elite WRs. It's just something you live with.

He's a Jerry pet project favorite, so a trade would never happen anyway.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You free up cap space. Get a high round pick to grab another WR. You get younger at the position.

Dez is highly inconsistent and this offense doesn't need him to succeed.

Eh. We can agree to disagree then. Dez is a really good player when he's healthy. No guarantee some rookie WR will be any good, and despite what some boneheads believe having Dez on the field does help other areas of the offense (like the run game).

If they had wanted, Dez and Dak could have probably hit on 15 or 20 completions Sunday. As they get to work more together (like throughout this upcoming offseason and another training camp) they are going to get really dialed in together.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Dez is not Julio Jones. That all-around great receiver. But he is a very good deep threat. We can't get rid of the only deep threat we have.

Reaction score
I'd give Pryor a call.

Also that Tyler Gabriel is a FA. I'd swoop him up too.

I was thinking the exact same two solutions to our WR problems pre-draft. Speed for both. Pryor has attitude and Gabriel would replace Whitehead with actual receiving skills.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Pryor has attitude and

Pryor is a mismatch for most coverages and I'd much rather have him than Terrance Williams. Hopefully he figured out the Browns are hopeless. I just want the turn over waiting to happen (Lucky) gone, whatever they see, I dont.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pryor is a mismatch for most coverages and I'd much rather have him than Terrance Williams. Hopefully he figured out the Browns are hopeless. I just want the turn over waiting to happen (Lucky) gone, whatever they see, I dont.

He may end up costing quite a bit more than TW though.

For the right price I definitely don't mind see TW back here. He's a solid player. Not a super star but he does his job and makes timely plays. You cant have all pros at every position.

Reaction score

For the right price I definitely don't mind see TW back here. He's a solid player. Not a super star but he does his job and makes timely plays. You cant have all pros at every position.

He's not a solid player at the #2, he disappears. By the way the statistics show that he has very few drops. But there are plenty of passes that he short-arms or dramaticizes that are not drops but he makes them look like they were out of his range. He is unreliable.

But pay him as a sometimes player? Yes. He would make a very good #4. The one good thing that he does is that once a game he has that one first down or very good play. I'm just afraid that whoever is responsible for TWilly being on the team will push for TWilly to remain in his role (my hunch is that the Garrett family have some penchant for the Baylor offense - would surprise me if all-world talent scout Jim Garrett advised Jason). The other good thing is that he knows he is limited and makes the most of the few contributions he has. Second only to physical skill, craftiness is an effective trait of a "sometimes" WR who is under talented.

Reaction score
Stephen Jones was quoted as saying he the team hopes to keep both Terrance Williams and Brice Butler this offseason.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Stephen Jones was quoted as saying he the team hopes to keep both Terrance Williams and Brice Butler this offseason.

Plus the DB's.

They just don't get it. They are passing up on a chance to improve.

I don't mind Williams assuming they don't overpay him, which they almost certainly will. The DB comment is what is concerning.

Last edited:
Reaction score

But that's what we need in order to win a championship with this coach.

Reaction score
WR Quincy McDuffie of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers just finished a workout w/the Dallas Cowboys... Top return man in the CFL last year.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Turns out this was a great call by Sheik.

I still can't believe we lost with every single thing in our favor going in.

Top Bottom