boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Uh, no. We need help on OL and DL.
Uh if the best talent on the DL and OL are gone, why take a lesser player just because of where they play.

To me, the BPA approach is exactly what I do in this draft with the talent level it has.

Start reaching for DL again, we will end up with the next Ebenezer Ekuban.

I would have to see who is still left before I say absolutely not to Beckham.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
what you guys think?

WR LSU for those who dont know who he is

It'll be interesting to see what happens if Donald and Barr are both gone. If they get stuck at 16 and Beckham is the highest rated player, its kinda hard to argue with taking him for themselves if they cant move down (which is what I expect us to do, move down)

There's only one QB I'd take in the first rd (Bortles). I wouldn't take a RB or TE in the first rd, or a CB, or a MLB. Everything else I think it could be argued makes sense for us. OT, OG, WR, DE, DT, OLB and safety.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
We wont be drafting any CB's in the first couple rounds

I wouldn't say the first two but when Orlando scandrick is currently your best cb you definitely have to keep ur options open.

But IF it came down to WR or CB in the first.. I'm taking a corner.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the first two but when Orlando scandrick is currently your best cb you definitely have to keep ur options open.

But IF it came down to WR or CB in the first.. I'm taking a corner.

I'm not, not in this draft.

We have a lot of resources already committed to CB. At WR we have Dez (who now has two years of minor back issues) and a guy we picked in the third rd to go along with a couple of guys who are nothing more than slot type 3rd or 4th WR's.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hell no to wr in the first round. Fix the fuckin trenches already.

I don't think their intent is to do anything different, but if you get to 16, get stuck and cant trade down and there's no value at DL or OL, then you move onto to the highest rated other positions of concern.

That said, I think guys like Broaddus and Spagnola are putting some of this stuff out there at someone else's direction, because I think they really would want to trade down if the DL's they like are gone and they know there's a number of teams towards the bottom of the first round that want WR's badly.

Reaction score
The one sure thing is that Jerry is going to fuck up this pick, so if the dude doesn't make sense, I'm sure he's high on our board.

Reaction score
Sure why not. He is little but has good hands and can return punts. I say fuck the defense. No matter who is drafted the defense will suck.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Uh if the best talent on the DL and OL are gone, why take a lesser player just because of where they play.

To me, the BPA approach is exactly what I do in this draft with the talent level it has.

Start reaching for DL again, we will end up with the next Ebenezer Ekuban.

I would have to see who is still left before I say absolutely not to Beckham.

That's when you trade down. Taking a wide reciever would be absolutely crazy.

Trading down last year and taking Williams is looking really good right now.

Top Bottom