sbk92

Reaction score
Was listening to a podcast of Melly Mel and McShay and Todd said that future picks can't be traded in this draft without a CBA agreement.

I did not know this. That sucks. I was kinda half hoping some QB needy team might drop a future 1st in our lap at 9.

Cythim

Reaction score
I can't see giving up a pick for next year to take a scrub from this crap Qb draft. Next year promises to be marginally better with Luck, Barkley, Jones, Pryor, Cousins, and Foles.

sdogo

Reaction score
Was listening to a podcast of Melly Mel and McShay and Todd said that future picks can't be traded in this draft without a CBA agreement.

I did not know this. That sucks. I was kinda half hoping some QB needy team might drop a future 1st in our lap at 9.

It's not actually true.

The NFL has advised teams they are doing so "at their own risk". yet with that said, they are doing so at the risk of future years being cancelled due to a lockout and the current draft format is only protected through 2011 as well as the uncertainty of a draft order in 2012 if this years season is cancelled. What are the odd's we face a lockout in 2012 and beyond as well?

sbk92

Reaction score
I hope it isn't true. I understand the logic. There is no 2012 draft right now. So you run that risk.

sbk92

Reaction score
I asked Bob Sturm this question. His response....

that is true. Without no CBA, there is no assurance that the NFL will have a player draft for 2012.

Crazy, but true.

sbk92

Reaction score
In the Notorious M.E.L.'s weekly chat today he addressed this issue....

You can trade future draft picks. The correct way to term it is you can trade at your own risk. You don't know how the rookie wage scale will look. You don't know what the draft system will be. You just can't trade veteran players. It provides another option. You can trade next year's picks, just at your own risk.

I'm thinking this is correct.

Top Bottom