sbk92

Reaction score
I used to love hockey. I don't know. I just lost my love for the sport over the years.

Plymkr

Reaction score
I used to love hockey. I don't know. I just lost my love for the sport over the years.

I feel the same way about the NFL. Been losing interest every year. But, then, July and August roll around and it's on. lol.

Plus, that puke of an owner we have in Dallas is REALLY starting to make me like the NFL. It's getting worse, where the site of him makes me want to put a brick through my TV.

C

Cr122

Islanders may stay on Long Island
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The New York Islanders may still get a new arena on Long Island, but in a different county.

Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy says he welcomes the idea of the hockey team moving to the eastern end of the island that he represents, as long as it's good for the team and for the community.

He said on Saturday he called team owner Charles Wang last week to talk about the idea. Messages to an Islanders spokesman were not immediately returned.

Voters in neighboring Nassau County rejected a plan Monday to borrow $400 million for a new hockey arena.

The Islanders' lease at Nassau Coliseum ends in 2015.

Wang has said his goals for the team are to win the Stanley Cup and to stay on Long Island.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

C

Cr122

Wang has said his goals for the team are to win the Stanley Cup and to stay on Long Island.

lol Yeah, when the moon turns to green cheese?

Reaction score
lol @ the gays.

You guys are adorable with you pinkys and shit. If you want to gobble cock, please feel free to do so.

Caps rule, and penguins fans have little penises. Speaking of penises, SP...aren't you moving from DC? I think I'm heading back to the area soon....getting me some season tix when I do.

C

Cr122

Updated: September 29, 2011, 6:26 PM ET
Lawyer: Banana thrower remorseful
Associated Press

TORONTO -- The lawyer for a man who threw a banana at a black NHL player says his client deeply regrets what he did and had no idea his actions could be seen as racist.

Lawyer Faisal Joseph says Chris Moorhouse was caught up in the drama of a tense game featuring his favorite hockey team and threw the banana at the Philadelphia Flyers' Wayne Simmonds in hopes of preventing the winning goal. The Detroit Red Wings won in a shootout in the game played in London, Ontario.

The lawyer says the 26-year-old Moorhouse is "mortified" and deeply remorseful. Moorhouse fears the reputation of his family and hometown have been clouded.

"He was horrified when he saw the implications a day later as to how it had come out, and he said to me, 'If I had an apple or an orange, I would have thrown that out onto the ice. I did not realize the significance,'" Joseph said. "This is a young guy who's guilty, if anything, of an act of stupidity."

Moorhouse has been charged under Ontario's Trespass to Property Act and faces a maximum fine of $2,000. Police say Moorhouse's actions do not meet the test for a hate crime or mischief charge.

London police chief Brad Duncan said the case didn't meet the criteria for a hate crime or mischief charge.

"You have to demonstrate and be motivated by hatred," Duncan said. "Although the banana did hit the ice it did not interfere with the play so it didn't meet the mischief threshold."

Joseph said fans watching the game near Moorhouse reported that he didn't utter any racial epithets or show any hateful attitudes during the exhibition match.

Simmonds himself has downplayed the banana-throwing incident, calling it unfortunate, but the NHL was quick to weigh in the morning after the game.

"The obviously stupid and ignorant action by one individual is in no way representative of our fans or the people of London, Ontario," commissioner Gary Bettman said.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

C

Cr122

Updated: September 29, 2011, 10:38 PM ET
Ben Smith better after head hit
By Jesse Rogers
ESPNChicago.com
Archive

The Blackhawks say forward Ben Smith is doing better after taking a blow to the head in Chicago's 4-3 win over the Detroit Red Wings, but winger Viktor Stalberg will be out three weeks with a leg injury.

"Ben is OK," coach Joel Quenneville said after practice Thursday. "I guess, OK. I don't want to put a timeline on him."

Smith was nailed in the head on an open-ice hit in the third period by defenseman Brendan Smith. After seeing replays, Quenneville is convinced it was a dirty hit.

"It's exactly the hit they are trying to get out of the game," he said. "It's the blow to the head where it's the first point of contact. It's unfortunate for us but hopefully at the same time the players will adjust."

Brendan Smith, who received a match penalty in the game, had a hearing at 4 p.m. ET Thursday with the NHL to determine any supplemental punishment, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.

The Blackhawks are calling Ben Smith day to day, but Stalberg will miss the beginning of the regular season.

"He seemed OK this morning but that's probably what we're looking at," Quenneville said of the three-week prediction.

Stalberg and Justin Abdelkader of the Wings collided in the first period and Quenneville intimated it wasn't so accidental.

"It looked like it could have been more than a collision," Quenneville said. "I'll leave it at that."

Patrick Sharp, recovering from an emergency appendectomy, skated by himself for a fifth straight day, and Quenneville said there is a "likelihood" he'll practice with the team Friday for the first time. Dave Bolland missed practice Thursday with an upper body ailment, but Quenneville said it's not related to the concussion that kept him sidelined late last year.

Jesse Rogers covers the Blackhawks for ESPN 1000 and ESPNChicago.com. ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun contributed to this report.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Trying to get a fantasy hockey draft together for this weekend on Yahoo. Here's the info if anyone's interested...

Scoring & Settings
Setting Value
League ID#: 30408
League Name: Puck Up and Play
Password: slapshot
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sun Oct 2 1:15pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 12
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 15 Seconds
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: March 22, 2012
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Min Games Played: 3
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (8 teams)
Note: Week 25 runs 6 days from Apr 2 to Apr 7

Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
Divisions: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, W, F, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Top Bottom