Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Locker absolutely sucks. Not getting foiled by this defense.. They still suck.. Just might be better than the worst in the nfl like we all expected...
I think the gamble on McClain is working out, he was a leader out there today. A truly sorry defense doesn't do what we saw.... Limiting a pro team to under 300 yards total? Just need a speed rusher for those obvious passing situations like Tenn. was doing when they went to hurry up starting the 2nd half.

Romo is the biggest issue right now... If he cant improve, we are fucked... It'll be interesting to keep an eye on his progress.. Hopefully as the year goes, he gets better
Saw much improvement over last week and improvement over that, second half.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Locker absolutely sucks. Not getting foiled by this defense.. They still suck.. Just might be better than the worst in the nfl like we all expected...

I haven't seen QB play that bad since Brad Johnson circa 2008. Locker might not even have been that good.

Romo is the biggest issue right now... If he cant improve, we are fucked... It'll be interesting to keep an eye on his progress.. Hopefully as the year goes, he gets better
Yeah, his accuracy was way off. We won't be able to count on shutting teams out the first half... Well, maybe ever again.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
They had about 315 yards, but that's still pretty decent.

A halfway decent QB goes for 350 by himself today. Did you guys see the Church pick? Good defense my ass. I could have made a better throw.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't seen QB play that bad since Brad Johnson circa 2008. Locker might not even have been that good.

Yeah, his accuracy was way off. We won't be able to count on shutting teams out the first half... Well, maybe ever again.

So how did he look so good against Kansas City? Did KC only play 3 or 4 guys on defense or something?

Yeah he threw some bad balls today, but the Cowboys also had some good coverage too. There wasn't the rash of guys running scott free threw the secondary like we saw last yr (or the year before) or anywhere near as bad as last week.

Still need more pass rush though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Niners with 4 turnovers tonight now. Kaperpick with 3 picks and a lost fumble.

Cutler has 4 tds and zero picks right now.

Seattle got ripped up at San Diego today. Denver barely hung on to beat KC (which got blown out at home by Tennessee last week)

Aints are 0-2 and have what could end up one of the worst defenses ever this yr (GO ROB!!!!!)

Arnt any great teams left in this league.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So how did he look so good against Kansas City? Did KC only play 3 or 4 guys on defense or something?
I have no idea what happened in KC, but today he made Brandon Weeden look like Dan Marino.

I bet Mettenberger is starting for that team before the year's over, unless he just can't pick up the offense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have no idea what happened in KC, but today he made Brandon Weeden look like Dan Marino.

I bet Mettenberger is starting for that team before the year's over, unless he just can't pick up the offense.

going a little over the top TE

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He was at least competent in the second half. Maybe they drugged him at halftime.

But you have to admit he was horrendous in the first. No coverage makes you miss WRs five yards high and two yards wide.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We look like the same team as the last few years only this time with an extremely gimpy Romo. We'll beat the bad teams and stink it up against the better teams. With a win versus the Rams next week there will be a ton of talk of improvement and playoffs. Then Week 4 and the Saints will send us right back to reality.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm about ready to pick the Rams right now.

Classic Cowboys: Beat a bad/mediocre team, get their heads pumped up by the media, relax against an underdog on the road, lose game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm about ready to pick the Rams right now.

Classic Cowboys: Beat a bad/mediocre team, get their heads pumped up by the media, relax against an underdog on the road, lose game.

Wasn't that bad/mediocre team we just beat favored to beat us?

They won on the road against what was a good team last yr in a very tough place to play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We look like the same team as the last few years only this time with an extremely gimpy Romo. We'll beat the bad teams and stink it up against the better teams. With a win versus the Rams next week there will be a ton of talk of improvement and playoffs. Then Week 4 and the Saints will send us right back to reality.

The Saints defense is worse than ours.

Murray might rush for 225 against them.

Reaction score
I dont know if Romo is going to make it another 2 more games.

Team is 1-1 which would average to 8-8. Sounds about right.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just a preemptive FUCK YOU for Mid, who's probably cheering for the fucking Eagles tonight.

I hope they get their asses roasted big time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Redskins set a franchise record yesterday w 10 sacks. Hatcher had 1 and 1/2 more, giving him 2 1/2 in two games. Kerrigan had 4 yesterday alone.

RGPee dislocating ankle may have saved the Skins season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Murray goes for 100+ tomorrow, it will be the first time since the 2000 season I believe where we had a RB gain 100+ for three straight games (Emmitt)

Murray almost did it last yr but after going off vs Chicago and GB he ran for 96 yds on 22 carries vs Washington

Emmitt rushed for 100+ in 4 straight games a couple of times (both during 1995 season) and nearly started the season with 6 consecutive 100+ yd games (had 95 on 22 carries vs Washington)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They're a much more dangerous offensive team with Griffin gone.

Its because Griffin cant hit the broadside of a barn downfield, and also appears to have major problems reading coverages downfield.

Top Bottom