dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's funny because I was just thinking that the Colts are the 07 Dallas Cowboys. Andrew Luck and a underutilized/bad running game and a porous defense.

Our defense and running game in 2007 was way better than the Colts this yr

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nobody is underestimating them, but I feel pretty good about playing them. Their offense is about as average as it gets. Their OL isn't really that good and while their DL is good, their back 7 can be had.

Unless we turn it over a bunch I don't see how they could stay with us. We could score 24 and be ok

what sweet revenge it would be to beat them after they had those two come backs against us in recent history

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Seattle and GB are the two teams that worry me the most, especially Seattle

Seattle is just playing great football right now, especially defensively.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Before the game Ron Jaworski was on ESPN radio, said he was watching tape of last weeks win vs Philly and noted the passing success Romo had on plays with an empty set against them (I think he said Romo was 6 of 7 with 1 td) and then said he went and watched all of Romo's snaps this yr and specifically the empty set plays. He said Romo had completed 45 passes in 60 drop backs with 6 or 7 tds and 1 pick I believe. They had more success from that formation today.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Before the game Ron Jaworski was on ESPN radio, said he was watching tape of last weeks win vs Philly and noted the passing success Romo had on plays with an empty set against them (I think he said Romo was 6 of 7 with 1 td) and then said he went and watched all of Romo's snaps this yr and specifically the empty set plays. He said Romo had completed 45 passes in 60 drop backs with 6 or 7 tds and 1 pick I believe. They had more success from that formation today.

Ron would want to limit our running game and get pass happy. We know the end of that story. Empty backfield can work with a very good OC calling it at the right time. Red head likes to use it in 3rd and 1 situations. Thankfully that nonsense stopped after the 3rd game this year. Better play calling this year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know how many watched that game last night, but Seattle could have easily had 50+ on Arizona. They also set a franchise record for total yards (almost 600) and wrecked that Arizona defense with big plays.

They've won 5 straight and only given up 39 total pts in those 5 wins and they are basically dominating every series vs the run and pass.

Scary good comes to mind right now with them.

Reaction score
Lol@ herm edwards

On Thursday he was asked on sportscenter which NFC team would falter down the stretch and he says Dallas. We wouldn't beat the Colts and we'd miss the playoffs (paraphrasing).

This AM he's asked how we'll do in the post season and he says were right behind Seattle and the 2nd best team in the NFC. Loves how were built and can beat anyone.

Waffling clueless fuck.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. The best decisions he is making appear to be one's he is being talked into.

Like taking Zach Martin, over Manziel. Speaking of which... EverlastingXXX.... how is Mr. Football doing? You hyped him up big time and even when he stunk up the joint, you still hype him up. I believe you even admitted, that knowing what you know now... you'd still take Manziel over Martin.

Reaction score
Like taking Zach Martin, over Manziel. Speaking of which... EverlastingXXX.... how is Mr. Football doing? You hyped him up big time and even when he stunk up the joint, you still hype him up. I believe you even admitted, that knowing what you know now... you'd still take Manziel over Martin.

Sup brah. Yea Manziel looked better this week actually. Made better throws and looked more comfortable. Too bad it was only 1 quarter before he pulled a hammy on a play where he slipped on a throw. Cant judge a QB after only 5 quarters, but by all means, you can continue to call me out after each quarter he plays.

The Martin/Manziel thing, yea i didnt see an 11-4 team. I thought they would be a lot worse and Romo wouldnt make it the whole season. I was wrong about how good the Cowboys would be. I think most people were wrong including yourself? Martin has been a great pick.

Top Bottom