Reaction score
NFL suspended Redskins SS Brandon Meriweather two games for illegal hits.
One of the dirtiest players in football -- and not a very good safety, at that -- Meriweather has racked up seemingly countless fines over the years for violating on-field policy. The NFL had enough when Meriweather drew two more penalties for personal fouls in Week 7 against the Bears. Meriweather is eligible to return in Week 10. The Skins are extremely thin at safety again with Reed Doughty nursing a concussion and Phillip Thomas out for the year.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I watched the game. After the 2nd hit, DeAngelo Hall was ranting and raving at the officials over it.

Gaw, I hate DeAngelo Hall! So much.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You have to know the Refs are ready to throw flags against that Secondary. Hall's mouth, Merriweather's tactics, and the rookies. Dez should go off next time we play them.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
To bad, it would have been nice to play them at 100%.

* edit * never mind, thought we played them in two weeks.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Our secondary needs a dirty player, especially next week. Don't tell me you guys wouldn't have taken a 15 yarder or two against them just to get their receivers thinking about something other than the ball hitting them in stride every time they're done running a route.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Nope

Those helmet to helmet hits are dangerous.

That's just because he's a complete idiot if you slow/mo the hits the receiver lowered his head smarter players lead with their arms or shoulders in those cases to at least make the helmet-to-helmet contact look incidental. Either way, it's football and we're playing an offense that's impossible to stop if it's allowed to get comfortable. The only way to beat them, as we saw on Sunday, is to smack them around.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I saw that play. It was more of an under the chin shot than helmet to helmet. His problem is that he keeps going in high instead of wrapping up around the guy's waist.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What we should all want on our defense is 11 guys offensive players enjoy playing against that sounds like the makings of a stout defense.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Take for instance this:

[video=youtube;d2iGzAJIHX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2iGzAJIHX8[/video]

There's no place in the NFL for that crap. That can cause some serious injury and that's what he was trying to do. Trying to hurt people for one game is one thing, but doing shit like that? Marshall was right. If he does it again he deserves a lifetime ban.

If I'm the HC for a team and he does it to one of my players I'm instructing everyone to go after his knees.

Last edited:

buckup

Reaction score
That's just because he's a complete idiot if you slow/mo the hits the receiver lowered his head smarter players lead with their arms or shoulders in those cases to at least make the helmet-to-helmet contact look incidental. Either way, it's football and we're playing an offense that's impossible to stop if it's allowed to get comfortable. The only way to beat them, as we saw on Sunday, is to smack them around.

Dude...watch the hit on Marshall in the endzone. Ok, he was leaning forward trying to get the ball he missed, but he's 6'4" and Meriweather hits him in his forehead. You can clearly see Meriweather launch up with his pads and helmet leading with no intent to make a tackle. He's going for the cheap high hit.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dude...watch the hit on Marshall in the endzone. Ok, he was leaning forward trying to get the ball he missed, but he's 6'4" and Meriweather hits him in his forehead. You can clearly see Meriweather launch up with his pads and helmet leading with no intent to make a tackle. He's going for the cheap high hit.

To quote Hyman Roth, this is the business we've chosen.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p9J4y9p29O8[/video]

He means "Big Ben."

Big Bang Clock...lol so stupid

Top Bottom