Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
So Showers didn't play at all, I heard? Guess they're going to try to sneak him through to the practice squad. No idea on Vaughan. Wouldn't be surprised if they only go with only two qbs though.

You don't need to sneak Showers onto the practice squad. You could leave a lane wide enough to him for 2 Boeing 737's to pass through and he'd still find his way to our practice squad.

Dude is a poor man's Woodrow Dantzler.

Reaction score
You don't need to sneak Vaughn onto the practice squad. You could leave a lane wide enough to him for 2 Boeing 737's to pass through and he'd still find his way to our practice squad.

Dude is a poor man's Woodrow Dantzler.

You think so? The thing i like about Vaughn is he doesn’t have that dear in the headlights look. He will sit in the pocket and take a shot. He was working with some bad shit too. Bad backup tackles, unimpressive WRs and guys off the street running the ball. Too hard to judge quarterbacks after a couple preseason games. Odds are they won’t amount to anything but i’m still interested.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Gonna be some tough calls on who to keep on the DL, Russell, Gardner, Edwards, Coleman & Bishop all played really well, especially the 2nd half. Maybe you go long on DL and keep all of them.

Keith Smith makes a lot of plays at OLB, might be tough to cut him too.

Damn. This whole time I've been mistaking him for the LB we drafted late a couple years ago.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You think so? The thing i like about Vaughn is he doesn’t have that dear in the headlights look. He will sit in the pocket and take a shot. He was working with some bad shit too. Bad backup tackles, unimpressive WRs and guys off the street running the ball. Too hard to judge quarterbacks after a couple preseason games. Odds are they won’t amount to anything but i’m still interested.
RE: Vaughan. It's that "sophomore slump" pretty much all 2nd year guys go through, at most skill positions. To me the question never has been does he have what it takes, it's can Dallas afford the luxury of the 3rd QB on the final 53. This season I don't really see how they can, and it's unfortunate. Vaughan WILL be playing in this league - even if just a journeyman backup - somewhere if not in Dallas. He won't last five minutes on the wire.

Top Bottom