LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Eifert looks very good. Makes me wish we took him first round and then hoped Frederick made it to us round two.

Rumor has it that the Lions would have taken Fredericks with their 2nd round pick. Sorry, but like RBs, TEs are becoming a dime-a-dozen, and you shouldn't be wasting high draft picks for them.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
cmd34(work) said:
Eifert looks very good. Makes me wish we took him first round and then hoped Frederick made it to us round two.

932.gif

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So you think Jerry's went through all the trouble to bring the Tampa 2 defense to Dallas, and then he's going to turn around and bring in a guy like Zimmer, and have the players unlearn the Tampa 2, and learn Zimmer's defense? Sorry, but my money is either on Gruden or Lovie Smith, with Smith making the most sense because he's a disciple of Kiffin, and Marinelli was his DC in Chicago.
Zimmer's a 43 coach. He can coach anything he wants out of it. Not like we're only running the Tampa 2 anyway.

And I'd love Gruden or Lovie. But Zim is a "Jerry guy", you know. Plus I know it makes dbair's head explode to say that.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Let me clarify,,,, considering who we had on the board and how they were ranked.

There was some talk that we considered Eifert before trading down. There was also wide speculation by MANY that Frederick would have been there at our 2nd round pick. I'm just not a fan of Escobar with our 2nd round pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There was also wide speculation by MANY that Frederick would have been there at our 2nd round pick. I'm just not a fan of Escobar with our 2nd round pick.

Yeah, by internet forum geniuses.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Zimmer's a 43 coach. He can coach anything he wants out of it. Not like we're only running the Tampa 2 anyway.

And I'd love Gruden or Lovie. But Zim is a "Jerry guy", you know. Plus I know it makes dbair's head explode to say that.

Campo, Garrett, Gailey, Switzer, and Wade were also "Jerry guys".

Reaction score
Zimmer's a 43 coach. He can coach anything he wants out of it. Not like we're only running the Tampa 2.

Dallas had to almost exclusively utilize a Cover 2 scheme back when Mario Edward was the big name in the secondary. Zimmer and Campo had to fix the lack of talent and effectiveness of the DL to stop the run. Remember that year when Duce Staley ran for 200 yard on that first game? It was that season that Dallas eventually moved to a Cover 2 scheme.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rams starting T Roger Saffold had a shoulder injury. After initially saying he would be ok, he returned to the sideline in a sling and Fischer said Saffold might miss some time.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm just not a fan of Escobar with our 2nd round pick.

I'm not either. And I REALLY wouldn't have been a fan of using a first rounder on a backup. Instead, we got an immediate starter with that pick, one that could prove to be very good. Not to mention, at a huge weakness for this team. And another guy that can contribute immediately while growing into a starter in the next couple years, replacing the overpaid Austin. The team used foresight with that pick, something that people like to bitch they never do. Waiting for the problem to be staring them in the face before anything is done about it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Campo, Garrett, Gailey, Switzer, and Wade were also "Jerry guys".

Gailey and Wade weren't when they were hired... But yeah. Most guys Jerry hires when he doesn't need a new stadium are people he already knows somehow. That was kinda my point.

Reaction score
Rams starting T Roger Saffold had a shoulder injury. After initially saying he would be ok, he returned to the sideline in a sling and Fischer said Saffold might miss some time.

We play them what, week 3?

Reaction score
Redskins S Phillip Thomas suffers foot sprain

Redskins safety Phillip Thomas suffered a mid-foot sprain in the first quarter of Thursday’s 22-21victory over the Titans, Tarik El-Bashir of CSN Washington reports.

Thomas was injured while tackling Shonn Greene. The rookie suffered a shoulder stinger on impact, then fell awkwardly on his left foot. He left the locker room wearing a walking boot. The shoulder is not a concern, he said.

With the Redskins scheduled to be off Friday, the next update on Phillips' status might not come until Saturday.

Top Bottom