Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I remember the outrage and people overreacting and going apeshit when Rozelle sold the NFC package to FOX after it had been a SeeBS property for decades.

"ThEy DoN't even have affiliate stations!"
"The coverage will be a joke!"
"This is unfair to NFC fans!"
"Turning over football to that evil Rupert Murdoch!"

It fuckin worked out just fine.

As usual he's just ignorant and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ahh here's more info, from the article you posted.

"The home markets of the two teams playing the game will be able to watch it through a local television broadcast, most likely via an NBC affiliate."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ultimately I agree it's a 100% outrage and fans of any team should be just furious about this.

The one part of his statement that is not exactly correct though is the "bait and switch" piece. We all knew all season this was going to happen, it was part of the announcement back in March or April.

But this is a 100% dick move by the NFL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Actually it's not just the night game many are getting hosed on. If you have DirecTV/ATT (or a few other providers) Tegna (which owns dozens of NBC affiliates)has a major ongoing dispute, and NBC (network) is not available (and hasnt been for a month or so now).

I have DirecTV still, but fortunately I have one TV upstairs with a HDTV antenna on it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
There's no such thing as an HDTV antenna. A coat hanger will bring in the same quality picture as a $400 antenna.

the-more-you-know.gif

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Due to the weather, they now switched the Bills vs Steelers game to Monday at 1:30pm when most hard working Americans will be at work.

Good job there NFL.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Due to the weather, they now switched the Bills vs Steelers game to Monday at 1:30pm when most hard working Americans will be at work.

Good job there NFL.
4:30, actually

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Does anyone other than some teachers and government employees actually get Monday off?

Bankers

That’s why I said “hard working” ppl in my previous post. Because actual hard working ppl still have to go to work on Monday.

Top Bottom