dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
5 of the 6 teams have already clinched, only spot remaining is the NFC East spot, and then determining some seeds:

Green Bay is locked into the #1 seed

Right now San Fran and New Orleans are tied for the #2 seed, but SF owns a tie breaker. San Fran definitely has the easier game this week, playing at St Louis. New Orleans hosts Carolina and Carolina can definitely score on the Saints D. If both teams win, San Fran would be the #2 seed and New Orleans the #3

The winner of our game is the #4 seed.

Detroit and Atlanta are currently the 5 and 6 seeds. Atlanta would get the 5th seed if they win (they play Tampa at home) and Detroit loses (Detroit is at GB). If Detroit wins they will clinch the 5th seed. Despite having playoff spots clinched, both these teams have motivation to win and be the 5th seed, as both would probably strongly prefer a matchup vs Dallas or NYG than a trip to New Orleans.

So most likely if we beat NYG, we'll play Detroit the following week at home. Atlanta would have to play at New Orleans again. Assuming New Orleans won (likely) they'd play at SF and then the winner of our game would play at GB. If somehow Atlanta won at New Orleans, then they'd go to GB and the winner of Dallas/Detroit would go to SF.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Atlanta is gonna be the 5 seed.

I think they have an easy win Sunday vs Tampa, but GB likely will make little effort to win IMO. Detroit likely would go all out to win to avoid having a trip to New Orleans.

But Atlanta is the best matchup for us if we make the playoffs IMO.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Atlanta and Detroit are good matchups for us but I'd rather play Matty Ice in our house than Stafford.

Reaction score
This team is so frustrating bc they are clearly capable of beating any of those remaining opponents, yet they'll probably find a way to screw this up again.

Top Bottom