Reaction score
Seriously, if you knew that passing that bill against stupidly large sodas would decrease your health insurance premium by 10%, would you think it was so crazy?
I think you're crazy if you think health care costs are going down for any reason.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
His bans are not idiotic. The people who do not regulate themselves are idiotic.

LOL OK...So you believe you can legislate away stupid. Sigh... You and the mayor are going to be very busy people.

So should we ban the fatties from buying any food except vegetables? Has the esteemed mayor done anything to fix the abuse of welfare, EBT cards, etc? What is he going to do to help all the poor fat people? Can they still buy cookies, ice cream, or beer? What restrictions has he implemented in the tax payer funded free food programs?

Regarding Hudson Yards...You appear to completely uniformed on the topic so I will not push it, but your number of $9 million is completely wrong. In 2012 alone he funneled $234 million to the project.

Maybe he should be focus his efforts on thing that matter like the 80% of high school graduates that can't even read or complete basic math problems. You do care about the children, don't you?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Actually I don't dislike you at all. That is one sided and always has been over one comment. I apologized to you several times. You're very good at sanctimony over the posters here and what they choose to discuss that you don't want them to. So no bow will be taken because it wasn't the least bit ironic. His kissing your butt with "post of the week" was though.

With that, time to go back into lurk mode. You can have the last word. I could care less. Truth is on my side yet again.

I still like tacos by the way.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Actually I don't dislike you at all. That is one sided and always has been over one comment. I apologized to you several times. You're very good at sanctimony over the posters here and what they choose to discuss that you don't want them to. So no bow will be taken because it wasn't the least bit ironic. His kissing your butt with "post of the week" was though.

With that, time to go back into lurk mode. You can have the last word. I could care less. Truth is on my side yet again.

lol

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Stop making me laugh. I feel like Hos knows.

buckup

Reaction score
LOL OK...So you believe you can legislate away stupid. Sigh... You and the mayor are going to be very busy people.

So should we ban the fatties from buying any food except vegetables? Has the esteemed mayor done anything to fix the abuse of welfare, EBT cards, etc? What is he going to do to help all the poor fat people? Can they still buy cookies, ice cream, or beer? What restrictions has he implemented in the tax payer funded free food programs?

Regarding Hudson Yards...You appear to completely uniformed on the topic so I will not push it, but your number of $9 million is completely wrong. In 2012 alone he funneled $234 million to the project.

Maybe he should be focus his efforts on thing that matter like the 80% of high school graduates that can't even read or complete basic math problems. You do care about the children, don't you?

It was 9 Million of his own money.

Like I said before, it was not a ban on soda, it was higher taxes, akin to what is done with cigarettes. I'm ok with taxing cookies too. Oh, and beer is already taxed.

Speaking of uninformed, that 80% claim is incorrect. You probably checked foxnews.com which also says that 80% of grads can't read. If, however, you lived in NYC and had heard the story ad nauseum you would know that it was 80% of students applying at City College needed some kind of remedial work. I'm not saying that's good, it's just totally different from what you claim shortly after telling me I'm uninformed.

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I love it when Progressives use Fox News as a crutch. Every time you disagree with them, it must be because of lolfoxnewslol. The topic of the disagreement is irrelevant. Anyone who disagrees with them is clearly a victim of Fox News misinformation.

Random Progressive: "I love pancakes for breakfast."
Me: "Pancakes are okay. But I'm more of a biscuits and gravy person."
Random Progressive: "Biscuits and gravy? Could you be any more stupid? I bet you saw that somewhere on Fox News. In fact, Megyn Kelly was talking about her love for biscuits and gravy just yesterday!"

Of course, the only way you could know that is if you were watching Fox News, too.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
It was 9 Million of his own money.

Like I said before, it was not a ban on soda, it was higher taxes, akin to what is done with cigarettes. I'm ok with taxing cookies too. Oh, and beer is already taxed.

Speaking of uninformed, that 80% claim is incorrect. You probably checked foxnews.com which also says that 80% of grads can't read. If, however, you lived in NYC and had heard the story ad nauseum you would know that it was 80% of students applying at City College needed some kind of remedial work. I'm not saying that's good, it's just totally different from what you claim shortly after telling me I'm uninformed.

The Bloomberg administration secretly funneled more than $9 million in city property taxes to the Hudson Yards project on Manhattan’s far West Side without informing the City Council, a Daily News investigation has found.

That $9 million is on top of $234 million the mayor gave the Hudson Yards Infrastructure Corp., the private group spearheading the new 50-block district by extending the No. 7 subway line to 34th St. and 11th Ave.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-hudson-yards-article-1.1281568#ixzz2RUXFbyBH

New York City’s literacy rates are on the decline: nearly 80 percent of high school graduates lack basic skills like reading, writing and math and are required to relearn them before qualifying for community college.
http://rt.com/usa/nyc-graduates-unable-to-read-011/

That rate is for the ones that actually graduate and attempt to attend college. I wonder what the rate is for all the dropouts?

Last edited:

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
he Bloomberg administration secretly funneled more than $9 million in city property taxes to the Hudson Yards project on Manhattan’s far West Side without informing the City Council, a Daily News investigation has found.

That $9 million is on top of $234 million the mayor gave the Hudson Yards Infrastructure Corp., the private group spearheading the new 50-block district by extending the No. 7 subway line to 34th St. and 11th Ave.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2RUXFbyBH

lolfoxnewslol

buckup

Reaction score
I love it when Progressives use Fox News as a crutch. Every time you disagree with them, it must be because of lolfoxnewslol. The topic of the disagreement is irrelevant. Anyone who disagrees with them is clearly a victim of Fox News misinformation.

Random Progressive: "I love pancakes for breakfast."
Me: "Pancakes are okay. But I'm more of a biscuits and gravy person."
Random Progressive: "Biscuits and gravy? Could you be any more stupid? I bet you saw that somewhere on Fox News. In fact, Megyn Kelly was talking about her love for biscuits and gravy just yesterday!"

Of course, the only way you could know that is if you were watching Fox News, too.

I look at all kinds of news sources. I find it interesting to compare how cnn reports vs msnbc vs fox etc. In this case, I was saying that if one used foxnews.com for that information that foxnews was wrong.

lolfoxnewslol

This is one of your more insightful posts.

http://rt.com/usa/nyc-graduates-unable-to-read-011/

That rate is for the ones that actually graduate and attempt to attend college. I wonder what the rate is for all the dropouts?

I stand corrected regarding the 9 million dollars. It wasn't his.

Please re-read my response regarding the 80% and dig a little deeper than the first reports you see on Google. The rt.com article skirts around it for most of the article but does actually say that it was people applying to City College.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
dig a little deeper

Remember you asked for this. All the info is available on the NYC Department of Education website. I am not quoting FOX. I repeat...not FOX.

NYC has been forced to continue to dumb down the requirements to create the impression that things are improving.

From the website: "Beginning with the Class of 2009, a Local Diploma is achieved by passing 2 of 5 required Regents with a 65 or above, and earning the appropriate credits. Previously, a Local Diploma required a score of 55-64 on five Regents, and earning the appropriate credits." The categories tested are "English, Math, Global History & Geography, Science, and U.S. History & Government".

So to receive a degree you only need to be slightly above mentally handicapped levels in two of the categories. They exclude certain disabled students (students in self-contained classrooms and District 75 students). Graduates are defined as those students earning either a Local or Regents diploma, a special education (IEP) diploma, or GED. August graduates are included. Despite all the games played with the numbers the graduation rate for the class of 2011 was only 65% according to State of NY.

To tie this into my previous post, of the 65% that manage to get some form of a degree 80% struggle with basic verbal and mathematical skills, so much so that they must undergo additional classes to even get into a simple community college.

If that is the best the mayor can do, well I guess that is it. Besides he has much more important things to be doing like protecting dumb fat people from themselves.

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If that is the best the mayor can do, well I guess that is it. Besides he has much more important things to be doing like protecting dumb fat people from themselves.

And don't forget the homeless fatties. He's saving us from having to look at them.

Top Bottom