sign Henry Melton, DT, Chicago Bears in free agency

1st -- Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama

2nd -- Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

3rd -- Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State

4th -- Travis Long, OLB, Washington State

5th -- Zach Sudfeld, TE, Nevada

6th -- Dennis Johnson, RB, Arkansas

Reaction score
Yeah, what a disappointment he's been. Not that I'd think he'd take the league by storm, but you'd think he'd do something with that ridiculous speed. Hell, is he injured? I haven't heard anything about him. I'd still like him on our team. That speed is unreal, and it's something we lack.

Regarding the mock... I like Brent, so I'd hate to use a 1st on a NT that isn't Star. Besides, the team clearly doesn't value gap eating wide bodies at the position like we fans seem to.

Love that we'd address the trenches, but really I'd prefer Oline there.

Warford is talented, but I think that'd be high for him.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Jesse Williams could be a 5-technique DE. In fact, if this were a Parcells', 2-gap defense, he would be seriously miscast in it. Getting up-field is his game, not simply controlling blockers.

As regards to Warford, he's getting a 2nd round grade right now from Rob Rang and the gang at NFLDraftScout. He's the big guy we like at OG, but unlike Nate Livings, he's smooth and controlled while blocking up the field.

We get a QB who needs to sit and develop for a few years to maximize his enormous potential while we continue to build up the Oline.

We get a pass-rusher to replace Victor Butler. One who can play against the run and rush the passer. Another RKG.

We miss Martellus' role as the 2nd TE on the field, and find his replacement in Sudfeld who is 6'7" 255, blocks well and has played in a 2-TE offense. Not to mention is a John Mackey Award semi-finalist at the moment.

And finally, we draft the kick returner we've sorely been missing in the SEC's all time kick return leader, Dennis Johnson.

Reaction score
I think we take a RB in third before a QB.

Felix is gone. Tanner and Dunbar are just guys. Murray is as reliable as a cell phone in an elevator.

So... what RB would you give us there?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Someone like Kenjon Barner. Maybe Montee Ball.

Not really impressed with the RBs this year.

Top Bottom