Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
To quote bob sturm, suh is the best defensive player in the league, better than any player on the cowboys and no gm would take ware over suh in any way. And if like me you questioned him on it via twitter he will tell you to unfollow and stop listening to him. So I did.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-rips-anonymous-gm?module=HP11_headline_stack

Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions DT, rips anonymous GM5By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: Oct. 11, 2012 at 08:39 a.m. Updated: Oct. 11, 2012 at 09:03 a.m.

It didn't take long for Ndamukong Suh to fire back at the anonymous general manager who took him to task in an article for Pro Football Weekly.

The Detroit Lions defensive tackle is no stranger to being analyzed by media and football types, but Suh didn't take kindly to the rival GM withholding his identity. Suh believes he should have spoken on the record.

"True men do that. But I don't know who he is, so I can't tell you if he's one," Suh told the Detroit Free Press on Wednesday.

The shadowy front-office man summed up Suh as the product of hoopla.

"I have listened to the media hype about Suh since he got in the league -- what has he done?" the GM asked. "Even the year he had all those garbage sacks, the guy took a million plays off and got pushed around in the run game. I have never thought he was a very good pro player."

Suh was streaky last season. His team-leading three sacks this season headline an underwhelming Lions defense that hasn't stopped opponents or put heat on quarterbacks.

Last season's fairy-tale story in Detroit made a star -- and sometimes a villain -- out of Suh. This season's 1-3 Lions find themselves under the gun and badgered by observers who either didn't buy into this team -- or at least some of its pieces on defense.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I dont know if he's underperforming or whatnot... I know 3 sacks, 4 games in, is pretty good for a DT.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bob told you that?

I don't think 100% would take Suh over Ware, either. Obviously this guy wouldn't.

The criticism of Suh does seem pretty extreme, though. Say he hasn't lived up to the hype, okay, I guess. But say his sacks are all garbage and he takes plays off? That's pretty serious.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bob told you that?

I don't think 100% would take Suh over Ware, either. Obviously this guy wouldn't.

The criticism of Suh does seem pretty extreme, though. Say he hasn't lived up to the hype, okay, I guess. But say his sacks are all garbage and he takes plays off? That's pretty serious.

Sounds like the same bullshit criticism Ware gets for never getting "impact sacks" or w/e

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
yeah last year after the lions loss.

for no reason whatsoever bob came to this conclusion and insisted his opinion was the only one, suh is much better than ware and no gm would take ware over him.

whatever. Pretty lucky to have either but ware has been doing this since 05. THat means something

Top Bottom