Reaction score
The National Football Post believes Cowboys C Andre Gurode may be on the trading block.
The Cowboys have made it known they have confidence in second-year G/C Phil Costa, and could save $4.5 million by trading their long-time center. Gurode, 32, underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in June, but has appeared to be healthy after returning to practice last Monday.

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I do want to replace Gurode sometime in the near future but I cant see them doing this right now. Already they are talking about possibly 2 rookies on the line. Now you throw in a 2nd year guy on top of that. Bah.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I do want to replace Gurode sometime in the near future but I cant see them doing this right now. Already they are talking about possibly 2 rookies on the line. Now you throw in a 2nd year guy on top of that. Bah.
I don't have a problem with it, i don't see a superbowl run this year anyway.

Let the young guys play, we need to find out what they have. And BTW....throw Newman in a trade also..

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Doesn't make much sense the savings doesn't offset the loss of talent.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Doesn't make much sense the savings doesn't offset the loss of talent.

Gurode has been losing talent already the last couple of years. The loss isn't as significant as it once would have been.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Gurode has been losing talent already the last couple of years. The loss isn't as significant as it once would have been.

That maybe the case, i am not so sure that is true of him yet though. And I dont think money is that big of an issue that we need to start cutting guys who can help. Especially if olshansky gets cut....I just don't think the money is a factor in gurodes status.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Who knows? It could be that Garrett sees an opportunity to go in another direction and still get some value in return for Gurode rather than keep Costa on the bench and miss an opportunity to get something for Gurode instead of releasing him next year or the year after.

X Dawg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Cowboys Shopping Gurode

Never liked him...
National Football Post: Gurode on the trading block
The National Football Post believes Cowboys C Andre Gurode may be on the trading block.
The Cowboys have made it known they have confidence in second-year G/C Phil Costa, and could save $4.5 million by trading their long-time center. Gurode, 32, underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in June, but has appeared to be healthy after returning to practice last Monday.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
so our o-line could start an undrafted free agent center(a year ago), a 4th round pick from Missouri State, and a 20-year old?

I guess the homers are right, we are just fine at GM.

C

Cr122

Seeing we need a little more depth at the Oline-position, I'd call bullshit as well.

I do like the young guys though in Arkin, Costa and Nagy, but we've been injury cursed the last few years.

We need to hold onto Gurode, unless there's something the coaches see where these young guys can take over this year.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I did hear something about us going to a zone blocking scheme, is this true?

I don't recall where I read this though.

I don't know for certain either, but reading some of the scouting reports on Nagy and Arkin, they talk about zone blocking when mentioning them. Tyron could excel in any scheme. And of course Kosier is no power player and Costa is kind of a shrimp, tho strong. So all I know is that lately it's been all about adding movement to the line.

C

Cr122

I seriously think Gurode is done at the center position. Costa will win that job. So if Gurode doesn't pan out at the guard position he'll have to backup Costa or be traded.

I doubt we get much for him though. Maybe a 4th or 5th rounder if we're lucky.

C

Cr122

I don't know for certain either, but reading some of the scouting reports on Nagy and Arkin, they talk about zone blocking when mentioning them. Tyron could excel in any scheme. And of course Kosier is no power player and Costa is kind of a shrimp, tho strong. So all I know is that lately it's been all about adding movement to the line.

If so that explains why we drafted Smith, Arkin and Nagy. I like the idea of a more fast and athletic line, instead of these fat slobs of the past.

Top Bottom