sbk92

Reaction score
It's the only races Jr. can contend for a win in though. At least over the last 5 years.

I thought the racing Gods were gonna hand him one. With the top 2 both running out so the overrated bastard son can act like he earned something.

Cythim

Reaction score
It's the only races Jr. can contend for a win in though. At least over the last 5 years.

I thought the racing Gods were gonna hand him one. With the top 2 both running out so the overrated bastard son can act like he earned something.

Exactly. Junior only got the chance because Biffle, Kahne, and Kenseth had fuel milage issues as well. I don't want to hear Jr fans whine about the near miss because it wasn't his race to lose.

sbk92

Reaction score
Yeah but if you watch the recap on ESPN they make it sound like Jr. was the only one who ran out. He had the race in the bag, should have won, got screwed.

Not that the top 2 ran out for him to lead the final lap and he happened to meet the same fate. No. Harvick wins 600 after Jr. runs out of gas.

Cythim

Reaction score
Yeah but if you watch the recap on ESPN they make it sound like Jr. was the only one who ran out. He had the race in the bag, should have won, got screwed.

Not that the top 2 ran out for him to lead the final lap and he happened to meet the same fate. No. Harvick wins 600 after Jr. runs out of gas.

ESPN plays to the masses who want to hear about Junior getting robbed because of fuel milage. Gotta write the stories that get the most ratings.

sbk92

Reaction score
I love how Nascar doesn't throw the caution flag when Kahne ran out and Burton ended up spinning off track with the field checking up to avoid him.

Anybody else leading the race and the caution comes out.

Cythim

Reaction score
I love how Nascar doesn't throw the caution flag when Kahne ran out and Burton ended up spinning off track with the field checking up to avoid him.

Anybody else leading the race and the caution comes out.

I thought the caution would have given Jr the win since it was the white flag lap? NASCAR has changed the rules too much for me to remember how it goes.

sbk92

Reaction score
I thought the caution would have given Jr the win since it was the white flag lap? NASCAR has changed the rules too much for me to remember how it goes.

No. Jr. would have to take the white flag first. That was the green flag lap. The restart.

If the caution came out with that Burton wreck, there would have been another green/white/checker attempt and Jr. would have certainly ran out. So in a race where they throw the yellow because a soda can is on the track, they decided to let them race with a car wrecking and debris flying off the 31. Knowing the cars had to race through that in the final lap.

That would only happen with the 88 leading. They so badly want that overrated bum back in victory circle.

Last edited:

sbk92

Reaction score
NASCAR looking into Childress-Busch altercation

Reid Spencer
Sporting News

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- NASCAR is looking into reports of an altercation between team owner Richard Childress and owner/driver Kyle Busch, NASCAR officials confirmed Saturday.

Details were sketchy, but the altercation reportedly occurred after Saturday’s Camping World Truck Series race at Kansas Speedway, won by Clint Bowyer, who drives for Childress in the Sprint Cup Series.

Kyle Busch, already on probation for actions at Darlington, was reportedly involved in a scuffle with Richard Childress on Saturday. (AP Photo)

Pit reporter Ray Dunlap posted the following on his twitter account after the race: “Hot news from the track. Grandpa Childress put a whipping on Kyle Busch in the truck garage. Look for big sun glasses on kubu sun.”

Later, Jeff Gluck of SB Nation reported, "Kyle Busch was put into a headlock and punched several times by famed team owner Richard Childress before falling to the ground, according to several people with direct knowledge of an altercation ..."

Busch finished sixth in his No. 18 Toyota after racing hard for fifth against RCR driver Joey Coulter, who passed Busch for the position on the final lap. After the checkered flag, Busch drove up beside Coulter and bumped the No. 22 truck.

Busch is on probation for all NASCAR events through June 15, the result of a post-race, pit-road confrontation between Busch and Kevin Harvick at Darlington.

sbk92

Reaction score
Jr. just went around, hit nothing.....caution.

Burton goes around last week, makes contact with another car, Jr's leading with two to go......no caution.

sbk92

Reaction score
Man, everything's going Jr.'s way this year. He's got a shat car, to match his shat talent and his crew chief makes the call that almost got him a win. 2nd. When he should have finished 20th at best.

He's living a charmed life this year.

Cythim

Reaction score
If you don't give his fans what they want they might walk away. It winning = money

Cythim

Reaction score
Junior Nation attacks Jimmie Johnson; Five-time gets defensive
By Nick Bromberg

The plan for Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson was simple: stick together and push one another to the win in the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona, just as Junior had done to Johnson back in April at Talladega.
For most of the race, they did just that, pitting together and mostly hanging out in the back of the pack, biding their time for a final-laps push. But when teammate Jeff Gordon nearly wrecked, bringing out a caution with only three laps to go, Johnson came down pit road. Junior didn't.
Thinking his partner was behind him, Junior radioed to Johnson to talk about their strategy, only Johnson wasn't there.
"He pitted," Junior's crew chief Steve Letarte radioed back. "I don't agree with that," referring to the decision of Johnson's crew chief Chad Knaus.
That left Earnhardt without a drafting partner, which at Daytona is an absolute must.
"Don't tell me to wait for nobody. I'm not waiting for anybody with two damn laps to go," Junior said.
Though the race was extended to another green-white-checker attempt, Junior and Johnson never got close to each other again, at least not until the very end when Earnhardt got collected in a final-turn wreck. He finished 19th; Johnson wound up 20th.
"I don't know," Junior said after the race when asked about the differing strategies. "I'm driving my car, doing what I am told and they decided to do something different. I can't run the whole damn thing from the seat of the damn race car. I'm just doing what I'm told out there. I
After the race, Johnson took to Twitter to defend his team's strategy against an apparent attack from an irate Junior Nation:
I didn't leave Jr hanging, you people are crazy. When my crew tells me to pit, I pit. Steve and Chad sort out the details
And if you think either of us could have won from 25th, which is where we were at the caution, you're even more crazy.
Rarely, if ever, has Johnson been so defensive, at least not publically.
It is puzzling why Knaus would have called Johnson into pit. Tires were not an issue and neither was fuel.
As a result, both drivers took a hit in the points standings, but since Johnson has that Talladega win to his credit, it hurts Junior a lot more. Just two weeks after being third in the points, Earnhardt has fallen to seventh and is 36 points ahead of Ryan Newman for the final non-wild card Chase spot.

sbk92

Reaction score
It's ridiculous fake racing anyway. You shouldn't need a partner to compete.

Having said that, it couldn't happen to a more overrated driver than Jr. He's been living a charmed life this season. He's usually a 15-20th place car and through random luck and great decisions by his crew chief he's been top 10 most of the year.

Cythim

Reaction score
It was ridiculousness, I didn't even bother trying to figure out who start this week in fantasy. All I did was pick drivers I hadn't started much, if at all.

sbk92

Reaction score
It's the worst racing I've ever seen. It's almost like a video game now.

I bet they'll make changes in the offseason. Most everybody hates it, including the drivers.

C

Cr122

lol

[video=youtube;zsSjRhQIu8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsSjRhQIu8U[/video]

Top Bottom