sdogo

Reaction score
But I protest the thought that Franklin and Brewer are major reaches where they're taken. Franklin's got vast experience playing both T and G, Brewer shined at the Senior Bowl. And both have the kind of size Houck likes in his linemen.

Brewer perhaps but I know of many a scouts who believe Franklin should be considered with the Carimi and Sherrod when talking about OT's that should and could go towards the end of Round 1.

Personally, I like him better then Solder or Castanzo.

sbk92

Reaction score
Brewer perhaps but I know of many a scouts who believe Franklin should be considered with the Carimi and Sherrod when talking about OT's that should and could go towards the end of Round 1.

Personally, I like him better then Solder or Castanzo.

Well then we disagree on the players. I was thinking Franklin as a pro G and Brewer playing RT.

Not that it matters all that much. But I wouldn't have selected two RT onlys with back to back picks so high in the draft.

I know Franklin played LT his senior year. Doubt he would play that here with Free.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Except you wouldn't have agreed with him during that time period. You'd have had some nonsense excuse as to why he's wrong. Why the team's in good hands with Quincy Carter, Troy Hambrick and Dave Campo.

Nobody was on Jones' ass more than me after the Jimmy thing. The rest of that decade was wasted. Switzer, gailey and Campo were all monumentally stupid hires. Most of the drafts were ran poorly.

I know you think you know everything about everything, but you dont.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nobody was on Jones' ass more than me after the Jimmy thing. The rest of that decade was wasted. Switzer, gailey and Campo were all monumentally stupid hires. Most of the drafts were ran poorly.

I know you think you know everything about everything, but you dont.

Hiring Phillips was a bad choice. Keeping Phillips after we lost to the Eagles 44-6, with the playoffs on the line, on the last game of the season was a bad choice. Keeping Phillips after getting manhandled by the Viking 34-3 in the playoffs was a poor choice. The 2009 draft was a series of bad choices. The 2010 off-season of nothingness was a bad choice.

I don't see where Jerry has improved overall. The 2008 draft and 2010 draft were decent but nowhere near enough to make up for all of the other fail's Jerry has subjected us to.

sbk92

Reaction score
The Phillips hire was no different than the Switzer, Gailey or Campo hires.

Jerry made one real change since Jimmy. Bill Parcells. And looky here, the team got good again.

He now looks like he might have made another change. I'm no so sold on that right now. It depends on how big Red's nutsack is. But he certainly has a quality coach again. It's just a question of how much authority he has. He hired his own staff. That's a good start. But will he dictate practices and be the lone voice in the locker room with the players? I don't know that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hiring Phillips was a bad choice. Keeping Phillips after we lost to the Eagles 44-6, with the playoffs on the line, on the last game of the season was a bad choice. Keeping Phillips after getting manhandled by the Viking 34-3 in the playoffs was a poor choice. The 2009 draft was a series of bad choices. The 2010 off-season of nothingness was a bad choice.

I don't see where Jerry has improved overall. The 2008 draft and 2010 draft were decent but nowhere near enough to make up for all of the other fail's Jerry has subjected us to.

I think he changed vastly the day he decided to hire Parcells. I never thought he'd get to that point.

Wade ultimately was a bad hire, but I at least understood why he hired Wade (who was not my preference, I wanted Norv). The defense had been a problem for years and they had spent alot of money and premium picks to get quality talent on that side. Wade was respected by most as the best 3-4 coach in the league (or certainly right there at the top) and he did have HC experience. I do agree that Wade should have been fired after the way the 2008 season ended.

I never understood any rationale whatsoever for hiring Switzer, Gailey and Campo. All of whom were boneheaded boobs who were huge disadvantages for us every Sunday.

sbk92

Reaction score
I understand why he hired Wade too. And it had nothing to do with fixing a defense. It was all about controlling the team again.

You do not hire a head coach to coordinate one side of the ball. Only a jackass of a GM who doesn't understand the importance nor respect the authority of a head coach would make such a decision.

He hired an offensive coordinator, then hired a weak willed head coach to run his defense. Sound like change to anybody impartial? Hardly. That's classic Jerry circa 1995.

sbk92

Reaction score
And Norv would have been no better. Another weak puppet coordinator masquerading as a head coach.

C

Cr122

I thought it was a decent 3 round mock.

I'd be thrilled if Dareus was our pick at 9, and Franklin and Brewer are capable starters for us.

Brewer could start in Colombo's place while Franklin could fill in for Davis or Kosier until one or both have left.

The only problem I have is we did nothing at the safety position.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I thought it was a decent 3 round mock.

I'd be thrilled if Dareus was our pick at 9, and Franklin and Brewer are capable starters for us.

Brewer could start in Colombo's place while Franklin could fill in for Davis or Kosier until one or both have left.

The only problem I have is we did nothing at the safety position.

I don't hate it.

I might have been tempted to go safety in the 3rd,if we had just a three round draft IRL.

But there'll be some athletes available at that position later.

sbk92

Reaction score
Well, I don't know that there's a single safety I like in this draft. Moore's a decent 2nd round pick. Ahmad Black, but his stock took a dive after the workouts.

This is like the worst safety class I've ever seen. I'd be tempted to draft a Ras-I Dowling and convert him to safety over taking any of these schlubs.

C

Cr122

Well, I don't know that there's a single safety I like in this draft. Moore's a decent 2nd round pick. Ahmad Black, but his stock took a dive after the workouts.

This is like the worst safety class I've ever seen. I'd be tempted to draft a Ras-I Dowling and convert him to safety over taking any of these schlubs.

I'd rather draft Aaron Williams and convert him to safety.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Yeah,you'll notice I said athletes would be available,not necessarily safeties.

You know what I think about Ras-I Dowling,kid's a gamer. He'd probably try Mike linebacker if a coach told him to.

Top Bottom