VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
This particular situation is some serious Jerry-level team management. Lay it on Chip I suppose, but I can't imagine Lurie being too happy paying that kind of money for that kind of utilization/production.

Coming home from New England a few weeks ago, Murray sat next to owner Jeff Lurie on the plane ride. Kelly acknowledged Murray was frustrated about his lack of carries.

Murray, though, has continually said he cares more about the team’s success. Mathews hasn't sensed any frustration on Murray's part.

“No, not at all,” Mathews said. “He hasn’t said anything. He hasn’t done anything that would show it. He’s always cheering us on and being a great teammate.”

:awkward

To his credit, he say's the right things when the cameras are on him.

“I don’t know,” Murray said. "Whenever I get an opportunity, I have to make the best of it. I’m not calling the plays. Things that’s out of my control, I’m not worried about it.”

Is Murray optimistic his role will increase this season?

“I don’t know,” Murray said. “We’ll see. I’m not calling the plays. We gotta keep fighting. We got a chance to make the playoffs, so at the end of the day that’s all that matters.”

Link

Reaction score
Not sure how/why Murray hasn't worked out, unless he's just got dead legs like a lot of us predicted.

Otherwise, he's almost the perfect type of back for that offense. At his best, he's a more talented Ryan Matthews, who is having success. Maybe the big contract coupled with coming off such a monster workload and having to learn a new offense has led to him being complete shit.

But yeah, arguably one of the worst free agent signings ever.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It sounded kind of dumb when first proposed, sounds dumb now but looking at these Eagles under Kelly, they ARE dumb so.... could it actually BE they merely spent the money to make sure Murray gets the hell outta Dallas? And other than that they have no real plans for him?

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
That'd be one expensive ploy... But could he really be this bad, dead legs or not?
I can't imagine them trying this for the entirety of his contract; they're either going to have to swallow a lot of his payroll and move on or use his ass next season because at some point his poker face is going to crack. This could be as fun as the RGIII drama the Redskins ran through.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I mean, wouldn't they know right away in training camp, if he had "dead legs?" Didn't they have a full offseason, camp and the entire preseason to figure out where he fits into the offense?

Reaction score
I assume the Eagles wouldn't have signed Murray knowing what they know now. But the Eagles were half-right; signing Murray away from Dallas did hurt Dallas in a major way.

I don't which front office performed worse ... the Eagles or the Cowboys. The Eagles may have made more bad moves, but the Cowboys made the more obvious and fundamental error - they underestimated the importance of finding a suitable replacement for Murray.

Top Bottom