Reaction score
They're on a five game win streak. Legit team or what?

I've not seen them play a snap this year.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah Tampa is legit and they have a defense that could give the Cowboy offense all kinds of trouble. They held the Saints to 11 points yesterday. Not a good sign when this offense cant get out of its own way lately.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Tampa's D is really coming on. Gerald McCoy is becoming a monster again.

Going to be a tough game, but Dallas should win

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Winston is really streaky. He could catch fire and torch you, but he could just as easily throw three picks right to you.

I'd worry about Mike Evans just going over the top of Brown or Carr and high pointing some passes. Not much you can do about it as big as he is. And really, I'm surprised more teams haven't tried going deep on us this year.

Reaction score
This will be a good test to see if the offense can evolve against good defenses. If they look inept again, then better hope we play the Browns for 3 straight games in the playoffs.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They're going to attack. Winston is fearless and he has some big-body WR's.

Like someone mentioned. McCoy is a force. He meets his match with Frederick, Leary, and Martin this week. I think we bounce back.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This will be the best running team the Cowboys have faced since Pittsburg. I also agree that they should be worried about Evans making the defense look bad. He's a hoss. Great hands catcher too.

I think the cold really affected Dak. Playing in Tampa, I expect Dak to have a bounce back game.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
This will be the best running team the Cowboys have faced since Pittsburg. I also agree that they should be worried about Evans making the defense look bad. He's a hoss. Great hands catcher too.

I think the cold really affected Dak. Playing in Tampa, I expect Dak to have a bounce back game.

Isnt the game in Dallas?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They're on a five game win streak. Legit team or what?

I've not seen them play a snap this year.

They manhandled Seattle at home, beat KC on the road and also beat the falcons in Atlanta.

They're improving every week it seems.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Not much of a run game but Winston can best us in the air.

I know I'm pessimistic but we aren't winning another game this season.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not much of a run game but Winston can best us in the air.

I know I'm pessimistic but we aren't winning another game this season.

Gawd, I hope you're wrong! That would make this perhaps the most miserable December swoon in their history, not to mention how horrid the off season will be having to choke on that for months and months

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Gawd, I hope you're wrong! That would make this perhaps the most miserable December swoon in their history, not to mention how horrid the off season will be having to choke on that for months and months

I hope I'm wrong. If they beat Bucs decisively I'll rethink my position. But if we lose yeah we aren't winning again. I have watched the miserable 2015 team for the past two weeks except the Lee-lead defense showing up, making plays.

In other news, we might see McFadden soon. Darius Jackson got cut. Maybe it would have been better if Dunbar was.

Reaction score
Whoa, seriously? I thought he looked great in presason.

I wouldn't be surprised if a team like the Seahawks or Broncos claim him.

Absolutely stupid. Keeping Dunbar as a completely unnecessary third down back when you have a completely necessary Elliot ready to play is just stupid. This is another one of those idiotic "Well we wanted to have a third down back" type reasoning where Garrett is trying to fit square peg scheming into round hole players.

3rd down and 2 and they take Elliot out of the game for a smaller weaker slower more fragile Dunbar. Why? For the concept?

Jackson can and did outplay Dunbar in college, at his pro day and in preseason.

Just stupid.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Absolutely stupid. Keeping Dunbar as a completely unnecessary third down back when you have a completely necessary Elliot ready to play is just stupid. This is another one of those idiotic "Well we wanted to have a third down back" type reasoning where Garrett is trying to fit square peg scheming into round hole players.

3rd down and 2 and they take Elliot out of the game for a smaller weaker slower more fragile Dunbar. Why? For the concept?

Just stupid.
Yep for some reason we don't want to throw the ball to Zeke anymore. Like, they decided it wasn't fair to the opponent to have a guy who can take a screen pass 83 yards to the house at any given time.

We are under-utilizing our best weapons and failing to put our players in the best position to make plays. That is the very definition of bad play calling.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Just stupid.

Beyond stupid. Sadly, can you claim to be surprised? HOLD ON TO TWO FULLBACKS, but cut what could be a decent RB.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Almost makes the Beuhler "outdoor cold weather kicker" roster maneuver look intelligent.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Whoa, seriously? I thought he looked great in presason.

I wouldn't be surprised if a team like the Seahawks or Broncos claim him.

I agree

he looked good in pre season. I'd take him over Dunbar every day of the week

Top Bottom