Reaction score
Owner Jerry Jones called Sunday’s 26-21 loss the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Divisional playoffs one of the most disappointing losses he’s ever experienced at Cowboys owner.

He puts it right up there with the 1994 NFC title game loss to the San Francisco 49ers that prevented the Cowboys from winning three straight and possibly four straight Super Bowls in the 1990s.

What made Sunday’s lost so hurtful was because Jones felt this Cowboys team had a chance to win the Super Bowl for the first time since they last one the Super Bowl 1995, breaking a 19-year drought.

“It would be right there,” Jones said of his most devastating losses. “This would be right there on three or four handfuls of games. We have a team here that had a chance to compete for the championship. I think we are right now good enough to compete with the eventual Super Bowl winner and win the ball game. And that hurts. "

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
In a way. this season could be an absolute epic failure. This season has somehow vindicated Jerry Jones the owner and general manager. He has now proved his critics wrong by saying they need to hire a real GM etc etc.

His ego is once again at an all time high after this season and that cant be good for the organization especially with a puppet in Garret who absolutely has no decision making on players and or coaching staff.

God I hope Im wrong but i dont think so

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
In a way. this season could be an absolute epic failure. This season has somehow vindicated Jerry Jones the owner and general manager. He has now proved his critics wrong by saying they need to hire a real GM etc etc.

His ego is once again at an all time high after this season and that cant be good for the organization especially with a puppet in Garret who absolutely has no decision making on players and or coaching staff.

Exactly right. Jerry hires and fires coordinators, reassigns coaches, decides playcallers, openly calls his coach a novice that he had to train... And gets rewarded for it. This just reassures him that he was right in doing those things, and so he's going to continue doing them. Bad news for us unless we just happen to keep hitting on draft picks and everyone stays healthy, but I don't think that will happen.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Where did the whole "jerruh" thing come from? I've always wondered.

Reaction score

This is exactly correct.

Top Bottom