dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way Mosley, Dak f'in Prescott in the 2nd damn round? I D I O T

If the Cowboys were to draft Dak Prescott, how well would he fit in our scheme? Could he be a franchise QB after Romo?

I was driving the Prescott bandwagon for a couple weeks. Former Eagles personnel man and current ESPN analyst Louis Riddick then told "The Afternoon Show" that he couldn't watch tape of Dak and envision him leading an NFL team. It was a sobering discussion. But Louis can't stand spread QBs. And half the country or more runs the spread. So you can't hold that against every QB. I think there's a chance the Cowboys take a long look at Prescott in the second round. The Tebow comparisons aren't helping Prescott one bit. His delivery and throwing motion is so much better than Tebow's, btw.

Question: If the Cowboys don't draft or sign a QB this offseason, how surprised and or scared will you be?

Mosley: I think it's ridiculous. Colt McCoy should've been in here last season. Romo was down there watching the Horns with him in Austin while the Skins were getting a new deal done. How can you watch that mess from last season and then not be more aggressive? Here's the hope for Cowboys fans: Maybe Jerry's been sandbaggin' and he's actually open to taking a QB early in the draft. That's the best I can offer. They may even lose out on the great Matt Moore. [Editor's note: They did, in fact, lose out on the great Matt Moore.]

Question: Who do you believe will be the Cowboys starting running back Week 1 of 2016 and why?

There's a chance the starter could come from the draft. Look for the Cowboys to land someone like a Kenneth Dixon in the third or fourth round. I think they liked what Darren McFadden brought, so that's an option. I don't think Ezekiel Elliott is an option at No. 4 overall. ESPN's Louis Riddick think's there's no way the Cowboys should pass on Ezekiel. But this team needs defensive help right now. There are still folks at Valley Ranch trying to get Jerry to take a serious look at these QBs early, but I'm not sure that's connecting. I'll keep you posted on that front.

Question: The Cowboys have been very prudent with their money in free agency so far. Does this surprise you? Why/why not?

No, it doesn't really surprise me. It was an intentional decision made when Ware was allowed to walk. The Cowboys had significant salary cap issues in the past, and they decided to clean that up. I think they decided to be a little more like Green Bay. And less like the Dolphins. Have all these big-ticket items helped the Dolphins in any way?

If Ramsay and Bosa are both on the board at 4, which should the Cowboys draft?

I think they will probably take Bosa. I would lean toward Ramsey. Can you imagine having a lock-down CB for the next 6-7 seasons. Cowboys haven't had anything close to that in a long time. Bosa is probably a safer pick. He'll be a reliable player for a long time. But Ramsey's more of a splash player, so to speak.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Wasn't Claiborne suppose to be that lockdown CB for the Cowboys for the next 6-7 seasons?

Give me the Pro Bowl QB for the next 10 seasons instead. Or even the Pro Bowl RB for the next 8-10 seasons. Definitely not the CB. We've seen that movie before and it has a crappy ending.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So is this guy replacing someone? Or is this a newly created position that never existed in the organization

Either way who was doing his job before? And why do we need him now?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry's head is so far up his ass he could eat his own liver with fava beans and a nice chianti.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well we resigned Dumbar so I see that making it less important to pick Eazy E in the minds of the front office now. I can see them thinking we got McFadden and Dunbar, we are set at RB for 2016

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well we resigned Dumbar so I see that making it less important to pick Eazy E in the minds of the front office now. I can see them thinking we got McFadden and Dunbar, we are set at RB for 2016

Dunbar has absolutely no impact on other moves this team will, or should make.

If he makes the team (big if with his injury question) it'll be as a 3rd or 4th RB only.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You give the front office too much credit. I can easily see Jerry calling our backfield all set now. Everybody thought we absolutely had to draft a RB after letting Murray walk except for the FO. They said they were happy with our RB group and they proved by passing on a RB last draft.

McFadden carried the bulk of the carries last year and was sufficient and now you throw in Dunbar and they probably feel we don't need anyone else. As for Dunbar coming back from injury that's just horse shit. The injury happened long enough ago that he should be fine. See AP for a good example of coming back and performing well the following season. Don't get me wrong, Dunbar is no AP. But his injury was early enough last season for him to heal up

Dunbar would be 3rd or 4th behind who?

He was featured last year before the injury. McFadden only got his shot because Dunbar was injured and Randall was a dumbass

It will be McFadden and Dumbar fighting for the #1 spot unless we draft someone like Eazy E

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You give the front office too much credit. I can easily see Jerry calling our backfield all set now. Everybody thought we absolutely had to draft a RB after letting Murray walk except for the FO. They said they were happy with our RB group and they proved by passing on a RB last draft.

McFadden carried the bulk of the carries last year and was sufficient and now you throw in Dunbar and they probably feel we don't need anyone else. As for Dunbar coming back from injury that's just horse shit. The injury happened long enough ago that he should be fine. See AP for a good example of coming back and performing well the following season. Don't get me wrong, Dunbar is no AP. But his injury was early enough last season for him to heal up

Dunbar would be 3rd or 4th behind who?

He was featured last year before the injury. McFadden only got his shot because Dunbar was injured and Randall was a dumbass

It will be McFadden and Dumbar fighting for the #1 spot unless we draft someone like Eazy E

He was featured, as what? The 3rd down back catching a ton of dumpoff passes before he got hurt?

He was a change of pace 3rd down back. He got 5 carries before he got hurt.

He is at best a 3rd or 4th RB and IMO probably wont make the team because he probably wont be healthy enough to do anything in training camp/preseason.

They'll draft someone this year and maybe sign another veteran before/during/after preseason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I have as much chance as Dunbar to be the starting RB here.

In other words, he has ZERO chance.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He had the same chance last season and he was the starter until he got hurt

We are in the same if not worse situation at RB this season unless we draft Eazy E

Is he a starting RB on any other NFL team? NO

was he the starting RB for us till he got hurt last season? yes

He stands the same chance as he did last year because our RB situation is the same or even worse than last year

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have as much chance as Dunbar to be the starting RB here.

In other words, he has ZERO chance.

Dunbar takes up almost $2M in cap room. He backs up a RB with the legs of Jennifer Anniston, who has missed a lot of games due to injury. The other RB on the roster had zero career starts in college and all of 549 yards rushing. This is also a team who is very slow to recognize it's own weaknesses (see 3 years of Nick Hayden starting) so it's no guarantee that they will draft a RB. Dunbar is one snap away from starting.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
gimpy Dunbar
gimpy Scandrick

I like where this is going.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I don't see any way Dunbar gets a shot at the starting position. He didn't even start last year before he got hurt.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He had the same chance last season and he was the starter until he got hurt

We are in the same if not worse situation at RB this season unless we draft Eazy E

Is he a starting RB on any other NFL team? NO

was he the starting RB for us till he got hurt last season? yes

He stands the same chance as he did last year because our RB situation is the same or even worse than last year

He was not the starter. Joseph Randle was. Dunbar was a 3rd down back only.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dunbar takes up almost $2M in cap room. He backs up a RB with the legs of Jennifer Anniston, who has missed a lot of games due to injury. The other RB on the roster had zero career starts in college and all of 549 yards rushing. This is also a team who is very slow to recognize it's own weaknesses (see 3 years of Nick Hayden starting) so it's no guarantee that they will draft a RB. Dunbar is one snap away from starting.

He wont make the team if he isn't healthy and cant perform though.

Its a 1yr deal, I doubt he got any guaranteed money so cutting him costs us nothing.

I didn't see any details on his deal though, was the 1.75 all salary or was some of it incentives. if so he doesn't count 1.75 on this years cap.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Then, why even re-sign him?

Camp fodder.

Hey if he surprises and is healthy, he did show value as a 3rd down receiving back. It means we don't have to have two new RB's.

That said, I doubt he will be healthy enough to do anything during camp & preseason.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I would prefer that they give a guy like Ben Malena a chance to be that 3rd down back. If not Malena then another back that slips through the draft.

Top Bottom