superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No they haven't slammed him for years. They've just said "oh it's just Joe" and give him a pass.
Oh you mean they went with "oh it's just joe" after slamming him for a while and creating this persona....like I just said?

Thanks.
Obama stepped up to bail out his union buddies and supporters and buy more votes in the future. The end.

Saved America's auto-industry.

GREATEST
PRESIDENT
EVER

History will tell the tale.

Reaction score
If Obama wins re-election we'll get to see what a second Carter term would've looked like. Good ol Jimmy is actually thrilled Obama came along so he could move up a notch .

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If Obama wins re-election we'll get to see what a second Carter term would've looked like. Good ol Jimmy is actually thrilled Obama came along so he could move up a notch .

Such insight..... :jerkoff

How about you tell us more about how he will tun this country into a communist state.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I agree that Carter's response to the OPEC cartel was poor. He fucked that up royally.

OTOH, the Camp David Accord is probably the single greatest foreign policy success since WW2. Other's may point to Nixon normalizing relations with China but i see that as buying friends.

Getting the Saudi, Egypt, and Jordan to not only back off from Israel but to recognize and open diplomatic communication with them was a historically significant thing. Not just for modern times but for all time. Truly remarkable.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One of the great environmentalists, too.

Pretty sure he dramatically reduced our oild dependency.

I honestly don't know why people (read: moron conservatives) hate him so much.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
One of the great environmentalists, too.

Pretty sure he dramatically reduced our oild dependency.

I honestly don't know why people (read: moron conservatives) hate him so much.

And he was a straight up good man. His work in Egypt working to generate pluralism in that country has been remarkable.

One thing that strikes me is that Bach clearly goes for the God thing. Of all the presidents of the modern era he is the one that most brought his faith with him into the WH. You would think that would appeal to him but Bach clearly puts his faith far behind other priorities. You get that type of thing when people do not think for themselves.

Jimmy Carter has been the biggest significant politician friend to Christianity in the last 100 years yet he says he is the worst president ever. smh

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
There is not shit you can say to me that would make me believe SP and Fuzzys claim that voter demographics will be the same as 2008. Call me willfully ignorant, but logically I can not see Democrats, Women, Minorities, and Young people turning out in the same numbers. I mean you can use hack writers to justify your opinion all you want, but common sense says it is impossible.

First things first, Republicans are more motivated then they were last year. That is self evident, I dont need any fancy facts.

At the same time, democrats like Obama less than they did last year and they are less angry with Republicans.

Blacks historically have low turnout, I think they came out in force in 2008 and I have not seen nearly the levels of excitement in the Black community.

Women, maybe they will come out in the same numbers, but I dont think that will hurt Romney as bad. Barry has dissulussioned them.

Also, young people are just flat out less involved and feel that less is at stake.

Basically I cant see things staying the same.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
There is not shit you can say to me that would make me believe SP and Fuzzys claim that voter demographics will be the same as 2008. Call me willfully ignorant, but logically I can not see Democrats, Women, Minorities, and Young people turning out in the same numbers. I mean you can use hack writers to justify your opinion all you want, but common sense says it is impossible.

First things first, Republicans are more motivated then they were last year. That is self evident, I dont need any fancy facts.

At the same time, democrats like Obama less than they did last year and they are less angry with Republicans.

Blacks historically have low turnout, I think they came out in force in 2008 and I have not seen nearly the levels of excitement in the Black community.

Women, maybe they will come out in the same numbers, but I dont think that will hurt Romney as bad. Barry has dissulussioned them.

Also, young people are just flat out less involved and feel that less is at stake.

Basically I cant see things staying the same.

It's a Gallup claim and it's been linked. They said age, race and gender demographics and not political demographics fwiw.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
lol damn he really should have backed off this thing. Instead he doubled down.

Mitt Romney’s latest advertising campaign suggesting that the auto bailout recipients Chrysler and General Motors were shifting jobs to China drew him into a public argument with top executives at both companies, who condemned the advertisements as false on Tuesday.

“The ad is cynical campaign politics at its worst,” Greg Martin, a spokesman for General Motors, said in an interview late Tuesday. “We think creating jobs in the U.S. and repatriating profits back in this country should be a source of bipartisan pride.”

“I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China,” Chrysler’s chief executive, Sergio Marchionne, said in a statement. “Jeep assembly lines will remain in operation in the United States and will constitute the backbone of the brand. It is inaccurate to suggest anything different.” In fact, 1,100 new jobs will be added in Toledo to produce a new generation of Jeep.

The Romney campaign ignored the company, following up with an instantly notorious ad saying President Obama “sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China.” If the false implication wasn’t clear enough, the campaign put out a radio ad on Tuesday saying “Barack Obama says he saved the auto industry. But for who? Ohio or China?” What happened, the ad asks, “to the promises made to autoworkers in Toledo and throughout Ohio?”

What happened was that those promises were kept. Nearly 1.5 million people are working as a direct result of the bailout. Ohio’s unemployment rate is well below the national average. G.M.’s American sales continue to increase, and Chrysler said this week that its third-quarter net income rose 80 percent. These companies haven’t just bounced back from the bottom; they are accelerating.

What Mr. Romney cannot admit is that all this is a direct result of the government investment he would have rejected. It’s bad enough to be wrong on the policy. It takes an especially dishonest candidate to simply turn up the volume on a lie and keep repeating it.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
As readers of this space know, the claims about Jeep are untrue. Chrysler may start building Jeeps overseas in order to sell the vehicles in the lucrative and growing Chinese market. It has no plans to shutter or even downsize plants in the U.S.. On the contrary, Chrysler is spending $2 billion to upgrade and expand the plants here, including its massive complex in Toledo. Just a few days ago, Chrysler's Jefferson North plant in Detroit welcomed 1,100 new workers. The Toledo plants should an equal infusion of new workers next year.

And General Motors? It turns out the story there is pretty much the same. According to Kristin Dziczek, director of the labor and Industry Group at the Center for Automotive Research,

GM has hired about 4,500 new hourly workers since 2009, and thousands of salaried workers at their headquarters in Michigan, and in plants across the country.

In response to Romney's claims, Chrysler has issued a pair of public statements. The more recent is an e-mail to employees from Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Chrysler's parent company Fiat. "Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China.” Now GM is weighing in, too—in the bluntest of terms. “At this stage, we're looking at Hubble telescope-length distances between campaign ads and reality.” GM spokesman Greg Martin said. “GM's creating jobs in the U.S. and repatriating profits back to this country should be a source of bipartisan pride.”

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/109452/chrysler-gm-romney-jeep-china-obama-detroit-rescue

He already has a reputation for not being worthy of trust yet he still carries on with the 'Obama still thinks it was protesters' and now this. It reeks of desperation.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You know you've fucked up when the CEOs of the companies you were trying to use in your slam ad have to come out multiple times and say "this is a complete fucking lie"

Top Bottom