C

Cr122

Cletis Gordon takes lead for fourth corner spot
Posted at 8:39 AM on Tue., Aug. 3, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Cletis Gordon played in one game for the Cowboys last season. The 27-year-old veteran is competing with sixth round pick Jamar Wall and free agent rookie Bryan McCann for the fourth corner spot that opened with Alan Ball's move to starting safety.

All have had their moments. SMU's McCann is smart and technically more advanced than some veterans at the position. Wall isn't as smooth, but he's had several interceptions and gets after it when the pads are on.

"But if you pinned me down and said who is the guy right now, I'd say Cletis Gordon,'' secondary coach Dave Campo said. "He's been in the league. He's more experienced. I like what he's doing.

"Cletis gives us something we don't even have with our veteran guys; size at corner. He's got speed. Once he puts everything together and does the little things, he may be the guy.''

Gordon is 6-foot-1. That makes him three inches taller than Wall and McCann.

"I kinda knew it was open with Ball moving to safety,'' Gordon said. "I try not to worry about the numbers game. I just go out there and try to play the best football I know how to play.''

C

Cr122

It's going to be Gordon, book it.

I said this two months ago.

Reaction score
same here^^^I predicted this would happen...his experience on the other fellas is parallel

C

Cr122

same here^^^I predicted this would happen...his experience on the other fellas is parallel

Yeah, as a matter of fact in was over at CF where I predicted this.

They have so many threads I probably couldn't find it. lol

Top Bottom