Reaction score
'Monday Night Football' voice Mike Tirico is leaving ESPN for NBC: report
BY BOB RAISSMAN

It appears ESPN will be looking for a new "Monday Night Football" voice and jack of all trades.

According to the Sports Business Journal, Mike Tirico is leaving ESPN and headed to NBC Sports.

Tirico is still under contract with ESPN. NBC would not comment, saying it doesn't talk about voices who are under contract.

Besides "MNF," Tirico calls NBA and golf for the Worldwide Leader.

Tirico moving to NBC Sports has been long rumored. The theory is the Peacock could position him to replace Al Michaels ("Sunday Night Football") and Bob Costas (Olympics) when they decide to call it quits.

Sean McDonough, SBJ reported, could be Tiricos replacement on "SNF."

-----------------------------

Annoying voice anyway.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
It's speculated that Tirico will do the play by play chores on NBC's share of Thursday Night Football package to help 71 year old Al Michaels.It's been said that Michaels doesn't like doing 2 games a week like on the season opening weekend and Thanksgiving.
It's also rumored he may take Dan Hicks spot on Notre Dame football and golf telecasts.
All just guesswork right now,but I think Tirico's contract at The Worldwide Leader ends with the NBA finals.
One thing most everyone agrees on,NBC will give Tirico all the dough.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe this will be the push Gruden needs to leave the booth. Hope they stick him with Berman.

Reaction score
They should put summerall and madden back in there. I know they're dead but just get a Madden 2004 soundboard and play clips.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They should put summerall and madden back in there. I know they're dead but just get a Madden 2004 soundboard and play clips.

Madden is still alive, so this could be a legit plan.

Top Bottom