Reaction score
Saw this mock off of BTB.

18: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Brigham Young
47: Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
80: Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
111: Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
144: J.J. Wilcox, SS, Georgia Southern
175: Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook

I could go for a draft like this. Don't know too much about Maysonet.
Maysonet is a good back. He went off on Syracuse this year. The draft is a little too need oriented for my tastes though. Almost overkill like our 2000 load up on CBs.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Maysonet is a good back. He went off on Syracuse this year. The draft is a little too need oriented for my tastes though. Almost overkill like our 2000 load up on CBs.

Yeah, Maysonet's backup was Marcus Coker (who rushed for 1,058 yards and 9 TDs himself). Coker got booted from Iowa, but had 1,384 yards and 15 TDs for the Hawkeyes in 2011.

So, I guess I'm saying if a guy from Stony Brook can hold off and outrush a guy who had 1,300+ yards and 15 TDs in the Big Ten as a sophmore, he can probably play.

Coker is a guy worth looking at next year (along with Tim Flanders) although I'm still not sure what Coker did to get booted from Iowa.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I get the JPP comparisons, but I just think Ezekial has too much bust potential.

I have to admit I was worried about this some too, but after I saw how well he played the other day in the Senior Bowl and thinking of his upside, and how good a DL coach Marinelli is I think we might be ok to land him. He looked really good at LDE. He covers a ton of ground quickly and has alot of length (no homo) that should make him an asset against these teams/QB's that are running the read option so much.

I was on the fence but now think I'd be ok with taking him at out pick in the first.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BryanBroaddus “@DCBenMckeith: @BryanBroaddus at 18 you have the unlikely situation of Mingo, Short and Ansah available to you. Who do you pick?” Ansah.

Reaction score
Broaddus is a joke. If you look at his timeline, not that long ago (a week or so maybe) he said Ansah wasn't a first rounder.

Now he's the guy at 18.

Give me a fucking break.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus is a joke. If you look at his timeline, not that long ago (a week or so maybe) he said Ansah wasn't a first rounder.

Now he's the guy at 18.

Give me a fucking break.

Maybe he thought the same thing I did, I dont know.

I always felt like he was a first rounder based on his athletic ability and upside, but worried he wasnt productive enough. After seeing him the other day, assuming he has a good work ethic and everything I think a good DL coach could have a real gem.

Reaction score
Its one thing for fans to have knee-jerky reactions based on an all star game.

Scouts should know better.

Don't want to bag on BB because I like him and he's accessible and all, but come on...

I tried to find the tweet where he said he didn't think Ansah was a 1st, but the guy twitters 500 times a day so I aint searching through all of that NO WAY NO HOW

Reaction score
Maybe he thought the same thing I did, I dont know.

I always felt like he was a first rounder based on his athletic ability and upside, but worried he wasnt productive enough. After seeing him the other day, assuming he has a good work ethic and everything I think a good DL coach could have a real gem.

I think he can go #3 overall .

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
From Dane Brugler at NFLDraftScout, 1/29/13:

(Datone) Jones showed a striking physique and carried that momentum over to the practice field. He showed excellent short-area burst off the edge, winning with strength and quickness at the point of attack. He is very strong from head to toe and does a nice job using his powerful arms and hands to rip past blockers. He wasn't overly productive as a pass rusher at UCLA, largely due to the fact that he was moved all over the Bruins' hybrd 3-4 scheme, but he did record 19 tackles for loss as a senior with his impressive blend of burst and power to dispose of blockers at the point of attack. It's tough to classify him at one position, but his scheme versatility will make him an attractive prospect for hybrid defenses like in New England. Jones is a name that will start to appear in first round mock drafts moving forward.

Me, 1/28/13: Although he (Datone Jones) didn't post great sack numbers during his collegiate career, I attribute that to him being moved around so often and playing in a 3-4 more than for a lack of ability.

The fuck, Dane???

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
1. Kawann Short
2. Dallas Thomas
3. Brandon Jenkins
4. Stepfan Taylor
5. Braxton Cave
6. Brandon Kaufman

Reaction score
In order for it to be realistic, junk, you have to have us drafting players I've never heard of after the third round.

I've heard of Braxton Cave, so this clearly won't happen.

But seriously... I really hate the first. Short at 18? Go go gadget arms.

And while I'm a UT fan, I'd have to think there'd be a better Guard available to us when we pick than Dallas Thomas. If not the kid from Kentucky, then Travis Frederick from Wisconsin fo sho.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Now he's the guy at 18.

Give me a fucking break.

Ah. I like Broaddus. I like that he breaks things down and explains them. He talks more about the actual game of football than most.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
In order for it to be realistic, junk, you have to have us drafting players I've never heard of after the third round.

I've heard of Braxton Cave, so this clearly won't happen.

But seriously... I really hate the first. Short at 18? Go go gadget arms.

And while I'm a UT fan, I'd have to think there'd be a better Guard available to us when we pick than Dallas Thomas. If not the kid from Kentucky, then Travis Frederick from Wisconsin fo sho.
Short had a great Senior Bowl week and has some of the better production of the interior DL. A guy like Floyd is going off of potential as he didn't have as much production. Short fell because people question his motor but I bet he rises

I love Warford and Frederick so those are fair comments. I'd be happy with either in 2

Top Bottom