Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yu Darvish looks amazing. :awkward

ended up pretty good.

He is going to be good on an excellent team all year.

cant wait till the rangers and angels play each other this year...

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Yu settled down nicely. Over 40 pitches in the first inning and he held on to get into the 6th.

He did well.

Reaction score
I expect growing pains for Yu against MLB hitters. He is still a young guy that needs big league coaching to master his pitches...but all the talent is there. Saw him make some big time hitters look foolish in the spring. It will also help having that line-up behind him.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I expect growing pains for Yu against MLB hitters. He is still a young guy that needs big league coaching to master his pitches...but all the talent is there. Saw him make some big time hitters look foolish in the spring. It will also help having that line-up behind him.

He certainly has some wicked pitches. It's not often you see a professional baseball player duck on a called strike, and he seems to be able to make them do that on a semi-regular basis.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He'll probably do well his first time around the AL. When teams see him a second or third time, that'll be the real test.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think yu needs to be coached much....I think the catchers here will handle the hitters..

I think his biggest hurdle is learning to pitch in the strike zone here....Colby Lewis was talking about how the zones are different here than in Japan.

Yu's fastballs tail naturally and it seems every pitch has some sort of movement....so I imagine it is going to take him awhile to learn to control all that movement within the strike zone....

Reaction score
I don't think yu needs to be coached much....I think the catchers here will handle the hitters..

I think his biggest hurdle is learning to pitch in the strike zone here....Colby Lewis was talking about how the zones are different here than in Japan.

Yu's fastballs tail naturally and it seems every pitch has some sort of movement....so I imagine it is going to take him awhile to learn to control all that movement within the strike zone....

Speaking of Colby, That guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite pitchers. Just a fucking gamer. A bulldog who goes out and handles his damn business.

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Speaking of Colby, That guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite pitchers. Just a fucking gamer. A bulldog who goes out and handles his damn business.

I agree. The one guy you want out there on a big game. Be interesting to see what they do with him at the end of the year since he will be a free agent.

Reaction score
I agree. The one guy you want out there on a big game. Be interesting to see what they do with him at the end of the year since he will be a free agent.

Depends on the $ the club wants to spend. Hebrew Hammer just got a fat extension. I would kill to have Lewis back, though.

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Depends on the $ the club wants to spend. Hebrew Hammer just got a fat extension. I would kill to have Lewis back, though.

Hamilton, Napoli, Torrealba, Colby, Adams, Koji, and Feldman has either a player opt out or club option. That is our free agent class at the end of this season.

Cruz and Young next season.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

I think it's imperative tbh. We have a good young rotation. If we can keep them in tact we are looking at a decent chance of the WS title over the next few years.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Hamilton, Napoli, Torrealba, Colby, Adams, Koji, and Feldman has either a player opt out or club option. That is our free agent class at the end of this season.

Cruz and Young next season.

For some reason, I don't like Koji. The rest I would like to see come back.

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For some reason, I don't like Koji. The rest I would like to see come back.

If we could guarantee that we would get the Koji that pitched in the first half last year for Baltimore I would love to have him back. Some reports said that Koji doesnt like to pitch in Arlington but he vetoed a trade to Toronto a month ago. As far as Colby a lot depends on how much he wants and the development of Martin Perez and Neil Rameriz. I am dying to have Adams back but he can probably get closer money somewhere else. It will be interesting in the next few years and a nice problem to have. It used to be that we couldnt wait until we got rid of the bums and now we are dying to keep them.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If we could guarantee that we would get the Koji that pitched in the first half last year for Baltimore I would love to have him back.

The problem is, we didn't see that after he came to Texas. Sour taste in my mouth I suppose, but I'm not keep on keeping him unless he has a good year.

Top Bottom