Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So, if you don't want to see Romo hurt again, you're a hater but if you're ready to throw in the towel on him, but are waiting for him to get hurt again to do that, you're a fan.

Got it!

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
he represents the losing culture in Dallas.

Holy crap is that a stupid statement. Do you not remember the parade of loser QB's Jerry was bringing in before we luckily fell into Tony Romo? This franchise would be the Cleveland Browns if not for Romo's play the last few years.

DakAttack

Spectator
Reaction score
Holy crap is that a stupid statement. Do you not remember the parade of loser QB's Jerry was bringing in before we luckily fell into Tony Romo? This franchise would be the Cleveland Browns if not for Romo's play the last few years.
May as well be the Browns if you are not winning Super Bowls.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If so it would merely have different representatives of that losing culture and it wouldn't be Tony. Facts not challenged at all. You're a bit over-emotional on this with some weird, misplaced loyalty.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I'm a big fan of the Ricky Bobby philosophy "If you ain't first, you're last" but the Cowboys are one of the most relevant, financially successful franchises in sports. They weren't a few years after Jimmy's influence had faded. It all turned around under Parcells and then eventually Romo.

Don't get me wrong, I want to compete every year. I'd love to be the kind of franchise the Patriots or San Antonio Spurs are. Years of competing, mixing in a few championships. I just think Romo gives us the best chance to do that now, as in 2016.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lots of Dallas fans either forgot or are too young to remember this standard, set by Roger Staubach after the first SB win. Asked what he thought of it, Roger replied, "Well it's just nice to have a successful season."

Defining forever, what constitutes a successful season in Dallas - a SB win.

Reaction score
Mostly on FB calling him the Dink and Dak offense alluding to him not throwing the deep ball

Basically a bunch of Romo Homers that aren't willing to acknowledge that Romo's time has come and gone and that it is now time for the next stage which is Dak

Dink & Dak has us sitting at 4-1, and really, just one play away from 5-0. I'm good with that.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Mostly on FB calling him the Dink and Dak offense alluding to him not throwing the deep ball

Basically a bunch of Romo Homers that aren't willing to acknowledge that Romo's time has come and gone and that it is now time for the next stage which is Dak

And that he's only thrown 4 TDs in 5 games.

But by and large the praise has been unanimous.

Reaction score
Yeah, where's these Dak critics. I haven't seen even one, anywhere.

He sure had a shit load of critics here last April.

Hell, when I suggested that Dak was worth a 3rd or 4th round pick, by the response you'd have thought it was the most stupid statement ever posted on this website.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Hell, when I suggested that Dak was worth a 3rd or 4th round pick, by the response you'd have thought it was the most stupid statement ever posted on this website.

Before he got popped for the DUI there was talk of him in round 2. I wanted one of the big three QBs in the first, and did not want Dak in the second. In retrospect there would have been a lot less bitching about the draft if they took Dak round two and Jaylon Smith round four. Either way I am just glad Dak has proven me wrong so far.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Before he got popped for the DUI there was talk of him in round 2. I wanted one of the big three QBs in the first, and did not want Dak in the second. In retrospect there would have been a lot less bitching about the draft if they took Dak round two and Jaylon Smith round four. Either way I am just glad Dak has proven me wrong so far.

for sure, and jeri would have looked smart in the process, especially if had gone all Quincy Carter on Dak

lol, but we know he will never be football smart because its not in him

Reaction score
You're so miserable you can't enjoy good thing about the Cowboys. I bet you hate that we are 4-1. Ha.

Absolutely.

Listen... this success is nothing. It's really nothing. In the end, Garrett is a clueless bastard and Jerry is an egomaniac without any idea of what he's doing. Enjoy this 4-1 because this season ends in a crash and burn someway, somehow. And next season will likely be another circus.

As long as Jason is the coach and Jerry is alive, the Dallas Cowboys are like a heroin addict. 2016 represents the time in a heroin addicts life where they tell their family they're clean, they get a job, things are really looking up!!!!! But they'll be back on the dust eventually. We're all just waiting with baited breath until it happens.

I'll be perfectly honest... I'm not even a fan of this team anymore. I'm a fan of Dez. Fan of Witten. Fan of Dak and Elliott. A few more guys probably. But ultimately this team has been a clown show for so long that my loyalty has been broken. Which says a lot if you knew what kind of fan I was not even that long ago.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Absolutely.

Listen... this success is nothing. It's really nothing. In the end, Garrett is a clueless bastard and Jerry is an egomaniac without any idea of what he's doing. Enjoy this 4-1 because this season ends in a crash and burn someway, somehow. And next season will likely be another circus.

As long as Jason is the coach and Jerry is alive, the Dallas Cowboys are like a heroin addict. 2016 represents the time in a heroin addicts life where they tell their family they're clean, they get a job, things are really looking up!!!!! But they'll be back on the dust eventually. We're all just waiting with baited breath until it happens.

I'll be perfectly honest... I'm not even a fan of this team anymore. I'm a fan of Dez. Fan of Witten. Fan of Dak and Elliott. A few more guys probably. But ultimately this team has been a clown show for so long that my loyalty has been broken. Which says a lot if you knew what kind of fan I was not even that long ago.

Jesus Mid, you sound like Hillary just got elected! lol

Reaction score
Absolutely.

Middy is right in a lot of ways. I was riding high on the team while the play calling and running game were one step of the Bengals and ready to both put points on the board and run the clock into the 4th quarter.

Suddenly this Dallas team, facing the Bengals, went backward into 2010-2012 where games just disintegrated right before our eyes when the coach had no idea how to manage a game; no idea how to vary a gameplan; no idea how to dictate to the defense; and no idea how to finish. The team was carrying dominating momentum of basically a running, ball control and high percentage pass play offense and then somebody decides to stop the play designs that had got them to that point.

They go into an offense that Jason Garrett has destroyed Dallas's chances of winning with for years. He abandons the strength and the leverage of the formations and play action and just shows the Bengals that we are going to pass the ball. Pressure and sack at will.

Why do I know it's Jason Garrett? First I recognize it from other years. Second because in interviews Garrett has claimed this "strategy" is "aggressive". And third, because Linehan just said in an interview during the week that in this scenario you run the ball, you don't pass.

The Green Bay Packer playoff game was similar. Dallas was leading 14-7 and driving. It was 3rd down and short. Any amount of yards gained would have either brought a first down or given Dan Bailey a good chance at a field goal. But the most important part was not allowing Green Bay to have the ball. Run the ball. Run the clock.

They passed.

They passed to a player who doesn't reach above his head to catch.

They passed to a player who has no success with high pointing a contested catch.

We watched as the player jumped, missed terribly, fell down, pretended that he was hurt and showed the team why he is unreliable.

Bailey then missed from 50, Green Bay drive and kicked a FG. Should have been at least 17-7 kicking off to a reeling Packer team.

Now the 6 point change of Dallas losing 3 and Green Bay gaining 3 showed up glaringly in the fourth quarter.

Same thing, the diversified running game was outplaying the Packer defense and instead of just playing for the first down, the game came down to what Steve Young criticized as a desperate "50-50 bubblegum" pass.

Why?

If you watched the momentum shift in the Bengal game, there was a chance that the Bengals would be down 28-7 going into the fourth quarter. Their second TD also gave them enough time to just need two scores to tie.

This is not what Linehan said in his interview.

This was a head coach interfering with the game because he is determined that his "system" that he continues to impose is not a failure.

Middy is right because this last game showed that at any given moment Jason can impose his idiocy and lose the games.

This Packer game is going to tell a lot. Dom has beaten Jason every single time. Wade was fired when Romo was getting thrown around and Capers said the success of the Packers was based on predictable OFFENSIVE plays.

Last year, the Dallas offense was stalled and could only score 14 points. Jerry concluded it was the defenses fault. That they "had a chance to get momentum back by getting to Rodgers but they couldn't tackle him". Can you imagine Parcells saying "14 points was enough and although they had more points than us and our offense was not scoring, the blame goes to the defense for the offense not scoring".

That's where Middy is right.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Welp. Claiborne is the highest ranked CB in the entire NFL right now.

Yeah I saw that. Amazing turn around he has had. The added weight and strength combined with being healthy have made a big difference I think.

Hope he keeps it going.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I was one of them. I thought he was a project and hated the DUI thing.

Glad to admit I was incredibly wrong.

Top Bottom